Show off your Delawares! *PIC HEAVY*

Maybe she is just trying to mimic a ptarmigan! How cool would it be if Delawares and other chickens dove under the snow!
cool.png

Sam

Have to brag on Isaac. This morning it was unusually warm and breezy. DH went out very, very early, before it was really light to open some of the coop doors to let air flow through. He's never done that before today, but was up and awake, so he would be ready for any issues with predators. When Tom went into the main coop door, Isaac was standing a few feet from the door, facing it and set in a ready stance to take on whatever came through. He relaxed when DH spoke to him. He's just the best boy. He and Suede are real blessings in my flocks. Nothing like a great rooster!

SAM BRUSH ! !
ep.gif
Welcome to the Delaware thread, Sam !

Cyn,
That does not surprise me one bit, about Isaac. He has just always been such a good rooster. His son, Jacob, is sooooo much like him! DH was telling me that last night when he was out near one of the coops he went to get one of the younger males to put him back where he belongs ...... he insists that Jacob helped him round up the youngster. Of course he got a treat after that.
lol.png

I LOVE DELAWARES ! ! !
love.gif

celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
Bebie Dellies are here!!!
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
They were sent from Kathyinmo, and I picked em up this morning. They're settled in the indoor brooder for the next week or so. I'm so excited!!!!
wee.gif
wee.gif
love.gif
love.gif

Picture015.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture003.jpg

THANK YOU KATHY!!!!!!
bow.gif
bow.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
love.gif

Snow, I mentioned this on the other thread, but your stuffed animal has too loose fuzz for the brooder. Those little devil Dels will start pulling on it and eating it and it could wrap around a tongue, a tragedy to be avoided for sure! Choose un-fuzzy stuffed animals for the brooder. They do love to play King of the Mountain!

Quote:
Amen to that Cynthia! I couldn't agree with you more! And someday, my extra boys are going to get the chance to prove themselves worthy of small flocks of their own. I wouldn't trade my mutt boy Chief for any rooster in the world! He's MY boy!!
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
Well, maybe I'd consider a trade for Ike!!
lol.png
Or Alexander, or Jacob. But I'd still want to keep my buddy Chief! He's my baby boy!!
wee.gif

Nicole, I still say, as I did in the SDWD thread, that those little so called "Queen's of the Hill" you have there are actually little "Kings"
lol.png
And if that is so, spend extra time with them. Give them extra cuddles, extra goodies and a ton of extra loving. That way you'll always have sweet and loving roosters! Works for me!
wink.png

OMG! Just got the call from the post office! My girls from Kathyinmo are here!
ya.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif
Gotta run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom