SHOW OFF YOUR YUM! Food Photography Thread

eggplantmushroompizza111517a.JPG

eggplant, mushroom, onioin, garlic pizza with puttanesca sauce.. they were pretty darn good.. tho the flavours mellowed out when cooked.. even the strong sauce mellowed out.. so it definitely needed some hot pepper flake and a sprinkle of sea salt.. next time i will add more sauce..
and i make them in cast iron skillets.. i was happy with my pizza crust.. first time making it from scratch.. sooo easy and better than store bought frozen dough that never rises well.. will definitely make scratch dough from now on..

View attachment 1187939
eggplant, mushroom, onioin, garlic pizza with puttanesca sauce.. they were pretty darn good.. tho the flavours mellowed out when cooked.. even the strong sauce mellowed out.. so it definitely needed some hot pepper flake and a sprinkle of sea salt.. next time i will add more sauce..
and i make them in cast iron skillets.. i was happy with my pizza crust.. first time making it from scratch.. sooo easy and better than store bought frozen dough that never rises well.. will definitely make scratch dough from now on..

Oh my yum! I’m just trying to think about what to have for breakfast over here .... send me some! :frow:p

We had Country fried steak (w/cube steak) Potatoes. Beef stock gravy pored over the both. Whole corn & cottage cheese. Had guests over for dinner & I neglected to take a pic being caught up in the conversations.:rant
Cube Steak was egg washed, dipped into seasoned flour, then egg washed again, then breaded w/Panco bread crumbs. Cast Iron Skillet fried in Extra Virgin Olive Oil to a golden brown. Simple bag of frozen corn blanched with a little seasoning.
There were no complaints from our friends.. lol.
Watched the last episode of Sherlock Holmes with some popcorn..
Nice little get together...
Tonight is raging rooster I believe... I'll try not to get distracted..lol

Tonights dinner is chicken enchiladas and a bagged salad, pics later.
:pop

@twilightgecko that looks delicious! I love my cast iron skillets so much I tossed all the others.
They are kinda a pain to maintain but worth it. I find if you lightly brush them and wipe before they totally cool down, it makes it a lot easier. I used the one with the channels in it last night. They cook so evenly. I love my Dutch Oven cast as well.
We use to hang it by the handle over the fire when we took the kiddos camping. That thing is old... We coat them with cooking oil and store them in jumbo zippy bags so they don't get dusty or get the oil all over the pantry shelf.

They are kinda a pain to maintain but worth it. I find if you lightly brush them and wipe before they totally cool down, it makes it a lot easier. I used the one with the channels in it last night. They cook so evenly. I love my Dutch Oven cast as well.
We use to hang it by the handle over the fire when we took the kiddos camping. That thing is old... We coat them with cooking oil and store them in jumbo zippy bags so they don't get dusty or get the oil all over the pantry shelf.
So how do you clean it? Do you wash it and then retreat it? Or just wipe it. I had a hard time when I had mine. My family mostly just wiped the small pan they had so it always stayed seasoned. I do like to get a wash in on mine though.

So how do you clean it? Do you wash it and then retreat it? Or just wipe it.
While it is kinda hot but not HOT HOT. We brush it into newspaper in the sink with a kinda course brush. Wipe it out with a towel. Rinse it good with hot water to get the loose stuff off. We sometimes wipe in down with clean cooking oil real good but cheated last night with a spray can.. 1180407-0b3d7dfa938efedd60d3c050216eeba7.jpg.gif .. stick it back in the big bag to store it.
If it gets burnt will soak it over night, scour it and oil it and place it in the oven to re season it.
We try to cook at a lower temp tp avoid scorching. The pan seems to hold the flavors, good or bad. We don't scorch that often cause it cooks so evenly. Keep it wet while frying it and it won't burn...
Is your stove top gas or electric? I miss our gas S.T.
We would have to buy a tank and run a line and buy a stove, so as long as this electric one still works, we just make the most of it.. It didn't work very well when Irma knocked the power out for seven days. We use a coleman camp mate on the patio for a bit.
Refugee kitchen...
As old as your home is & your weather.. you must have gas I'm guessing.

While it is kinda hot but not HOT HOT. We brush it into newspaper in the sink with a kinda course brush. Wipe it out with a towel. Rinse it good with hot water to get the loose stuff off. We sometimes wipe in down with clean cooking oil real good but cheated last night with a spray can..View attachment 1188011 .. stick it back in the big bag to store it.
If it gets burnt will soak it over night, scour it and oil it and place it in the oven to re season it.
We try to cook at a lower temp tp avoid scorching. The pan seems to hold the flavors, good or bad. We don't scorch that often cause it cooks so evenly. Keep it wet while frying it and it won't burn...
Is your stove top gas or electric? I miss our gas S.T.
We would have to buy a tank and run a line and buy a stove, so as long as this electric one still works, we just make the most of it.. It didn't work very well when Irma knocked the power out for seven days. We use a coleman camp mate on the patio for a bit.
Refugee kitchen...
As old as your home is & your weather.. you must have gas I'm guessing.
HEY, HEY!!! Enough about me having gas! :gig

My stoves a coil electric. This ones a glass top electric. I used my cast iron pan at our place on the coil. I love cast iron, LOVE the food cooked in it. My sister claimed the one my family had. Best eggs ever!

Thank for the information about how you clean it. I think I'd eventually like to try it again. I'm currently entertaining a two brand new non-stick pans. And I'm still trying to learn to use the clad stainless steel set I bought. My first cookwear was less inexpensive.
I'm too afraid to really break the new stuff stuff in...lol. :th

Back
Top Bottom