SHOW OFF YOUR YUM! Food Photography Thread

Amazing sale! How long DOES butter stay good for? My husband teases me now by quoting my "buy more to save more!" motto. :gig

We put the packs, still in the original boxes, directly into the freezer. SO far, no freezer burn and no off flavor. I make ghee and it seems to be easier to make.

We put the packs, still in the original boxes, directly into the freezer. SO far, no freezer burn and no off flavor. I make ghee and it seems to be easier to make.
Frozen butter. What an interesting concept! Good for you for saving all that cash! Something new I've learned. Thank you!! :clap

We didn't have enough turkey left overs after the sandwich feast.. First time ever..
Your soup looks delicious! Do your freeze store soups? I like to cook bulk and thaw in a jiffy to get out of a jam in a time crunch. Plus the thawed stuff tastes come together more robust and fused.

I know that face.. trust me.. lol.
Thanks for joining the thread:)
I don't get too much to freeze, but a couple times a year i make soup for my widowed father in law, and he freezes it in little batches.
I think the majority of cooks have a dog or two lurking around.... :) fun thread.

Old School Breakfast
20171202_114228.jpg

I showed you my meatloaf before but it looked so good with the squash/pumpkin on there i had to take a picture. I bought one of those reddish pumpkin type squash with all the ugly bumps on it. It seemed to have so many nutrients in it when i cooked some for the chickens i had to try it. Even hubby ate it.
20171202_183908.jpg

::: writes on bucket list ::: steal bacon bits from Conni.... oh wait.... smoooooke pork with pecan twigs..... yeah.... that one! :D
I wish we had Pecan trees. We are loaded w/Hickory & Oak. Went to grab some spent grains today. They have aging Pecan trees at the Brewery. Every time we go, I scour the lot collecting down branches while hub loads the grain from his buddies.
Pecan smoke is so sweet tasting. So is Apple wood. Mesquite is strong and good for seafood. Sonny's BBQ uses oak. Cherry wood is unique.
Gotta love Hickory smoked bacon..
20171127_210157.jpg

Back
Top Bottom