SHOW OFF YOUR YUM! Food Photography Thread

ALL looks great and tasty.. Can you expand a lil on the taco soup. I am the type that,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, If ever held captive as a POW, could easily be broken with chili and related foods,,,,:drool :gig:lau

Gladly! Taco soup could not be easier. It's in no way A from scratch meal, but it never disappoints especially on a cold or busy day.

Ingredients:
Ground beef or venison browned. I use at least 2 lbs.
1-2 cans whole kernel corn drained
1 large can of chilli beans undrained
1 can black beans drained
2 cans rotel tomatos drained
2 packs taco seasoning (you can use homemade taco seasoning if you have your own mixed up)
2 packs ranch mix
2 cups water

(I would like to point out I honestly don't know 2 people who make their taco soup the same so this is just how I like it)

Directions: brown and strainmeat -you can season your meat as well based on personal preference or add onion and garlic, put back in the pot add water and all canned ingredients, I usually premix my taco and seasonings in the side in a little cold water to assure no clumping - than I add that in too. Bring to boil and simmer for at least 20-30 minutes- the longer the better.

Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream and Fritos or crackers.

Enjoy!

Gladly! Taco soup could not be easier. It's in no way A from scratch meal, but it never disappoints especially on a cold or busy day.

Ingredients:
Ground beef or venison browned. I use at least 2 lbs.
1-2 cans whole kernel corn drained
1 large can of chilli beans undrained
1 can black beans drained
2 cans rotel tomatos drained
2 packs taco seasoning (you can use homemade taco seasoning if you have your own mixed up)
2 packs ranch mix
2 cups water

(I would like to point out I honestly don't know 2 people who make their taco soup the same so this is just how I like it)

Directions: brown and strainmeat -you can season your meat as well based on personal preference or add onion and garlic, put back in the pot add water and all canned ingredients, I usually premix my taco and seasonings in the side in a little cold water to assure no clumping - than I add that in too. Bring to boil and simmer for at least 20-30 minutes- the longer the better.

Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream and Fritos or crackers.

Enjoy!
Interesting, We will have to try.. thank you.

tell me do you all weigh 400 lbs each

Are you kidding? Between the running around gathering ingredients, doing the prep work, getting it all cooked, arranging and rearranging the presentation, doing an exhausting photo session, and then doing the dishes and cleaning the kitchen afterwards, these folks have run off whatever they would have put on! :lau

Are you kidding? Between the running around gathering ingredients, doing the prep work, getting it all cooked, arranging and rearranging the presentation, doing an exhausting photo session, and then doing the dishes and cleaning the kitchen afterwards, these folks have run off whatever they would have put on! :lau
Caring for countless birds, herd of does and wethers, tons of pigs, breeding, sales and farm maintenance/chores.. I burn more calories than I/we in take.
If you never slow down, you'll never grow old.. I was told anyway. Grands son moving in with us for a month or two.. that burns 1000 calories per day alone just keeping up with a 5 y/o:lau

Caring for countless birds, herd of does and wethers, tons of pigs, breeding, sales and farm maintenance/chores.. I burn more calories than I/we in take.
If you never slow down, you'll never grow old.. I was told anyway. Grands son moving in with us for a month or two.. that burns 1000 calories per day alone just keeping up with a 5 y/o:lau

I wish I lived close enough to you to get pig from. I lost my pig guy, he grew his business to where he is only selling to restaurants.

I wish I lived close enough to you to get pig from. I lost my pig guy, he grew his business to where he is only selling to restaurants.
Down here the market is flooded. We cut back on breeding tremendously. 3 litters a year from 6 to 7. Enough to keep the cream of the crop for the freezer and the balance goes on the Farm Card to feed the cream until processing. Times have changed and now the poultry pay the bills.. crazy last couple years I tell ya.

burst into flame.gif
MY PHOTOS CAME OUT SO BLURRY!:barnie:he
No presentation today.. only shame on me..
shame.gif

Wasn't paying attention to the cam setting
dumbass.gif

So just a couple blurry show-n-tells..
Made Chili last night with a container of plum tomato sauce hidden in the back of our over packed ice box. Hidden Treasure I tell ya!
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...thread-byc-site.1189765/page-13#post-18915854
That is a link to MY COOP page when I made the sauce. A couple months before the Yum Thread was started. I was happy to find it in deed. It is yummy-licious.
Added a couple cans of red kidney beans, a pepper w/1.5# ground chuck-and served with Mike's favorite.. RICE..;)
Garlic loaf slices and topped with diced white onions & shredded Cheddar.
DSCN5320.JPG
DSCN5317.JPG

I failed with the pix..:smack

Back
Top Bottom