SHOW OFF YOUR YUM! Food Photography Thread

Never heard of pickle soup, but generally cannot get enough dill.
You spotted the dill 🤤) in that soup. We always have a quantity in the vegetable crisper drawer.
Use it for soo many of the dinner dishes,,,, EXCEPT COOKIES:gig
I (TRY:gig) to grow some each year in potted containers on the patio. ALL is well until I get an INVASION of the "Black Swallowtail Butterflies":love
next 2 pix are taken one day apart.
IMG_20190803_191205209.jpg
IMG_20190803_191210439.jpg

As to pickle soup,,,,,,, I have posted it here before, since we do have it often.
Soup starts out as chicken soup. After we eat about half of the pot,,,, we convert it to pickle soup. I use pickles in brine, but some others use regular pickles in vinegar. I prefer the brine type myself. Shred content of jar on a cheese shredder, and add to soup. Also add a quantity of sour-cream to soup as well. It make soup creamy. Bring to boil, and it is ready to eat:)

Here are the pickles we use for soup.
IMG_20200221_155541607_HDR.jpg

For sandies, and other pickle eating,,, we use the regular Dill Pickles in vinegar.

You spotted the dill 🤤) in that soup. We always have a quantity in the vegetable crisper drawer.
Use it for soo many of the dinner dishes,,,, EXCEPT COOKIES:gig
I (TRY:gig) to grow some each year in potted containers on the patio. ALL is well until I get an INVASION of the "Black Swallowtail Butterflies":love
next 2 pix are taken one day apart.
View attachment 2032324View attachment 2032325
As to pickle soup,,,,,,, I have posted it here before, since we do have it often.
Soup starts out as chicken soup. After we eat about half of the pot,,,, we convert it to pickle soup. I use pickles in brine, but some others use regular pickles in vinegar. I prefer the brine type myself. Shred content of jar on a cheese shredder, and add to soup. Also add a quantity of sour-cream to soup as well. It make soup creamy. Bring to boil, and it is ready to eat:)

Here are the pickles we use for soup.
View attachment 2032352
For sandies, and other pickle eating,,, we use the regular Dill Pickles in vinegar.
I have never thought about what butterflies eat. I thought they just went for pollen. I've learned something new! Wow! They devastated your dill!!!

The soup sounds really good, but I think I would want the dill. One of my favorite chicken soup recipes takes a bunch of chopped fresh dill added in just before serving. It's so good!

I have never thought about what butterflies eat.
The butterflies lay eggs and the caterpillars transform into butterflies. :love
Different butterflies choose different specific plants. The Monarch, needs the Milkweed to lay eggs on. Many peeps plant that to attract these Monarchs to their areas.
Butterflies are interesting. There are species that only live a short time, and actually do not eat at all. Just lay eggs and expire. :hit That is something I read, and am not an expert on butterflies. And I do not play one on TV.:gig:lau

The butterflies lay eggs and the caterpillars transform into butterflies. :love
Different butterflies choose different specific plants. The Monarch, needs the Milkweed to lay eggs on. Many peeps plant that to attract these Monarchs to their areas.
Butterflies are interesting. There are species that only live a short time, and actually do not eat at all. Just lay eggs and expire. :hit That is something I read, and am not an expert on butterflies. And I do not play one on TV.:gig:lau
What killed and stripped the plant in 24 hours then?

Back
Top Bottom