Sick baby pekin won't eat loosing weight help please

chickerladie

Hatching
6 Years
Jun 25, 2013
I have a new baby Pekin duck I have had her for about 1 week she is really tiny, when I got her she only weighed 79.9 oz and I got another duck at the same time, and she was a little bigger, I was a little worried about the small one so I weighed her daily. She really started to grow, and the larger one doubled in weight, she gained about 15oz, 6/23/13 I noticed her poop was only clear with a small brown dot in it. She stopped eating, but she is still drinking. She has been on electrolytes and probiotics daily in their water for about 6 days now. She is drinking a lot and I have tried everything, egg yolk, crumbles, grapes, peas, corn, you name it, I finally got her to eat some dandilions that I chopped up and put sugar in her water and that pepped her up, last night she had lost 6oz overall, today after the dandilions she gained back 3 oz,. Overnight she lost again :( I will do anything to get her better. I called the guy her bred her he said there were no antibiotics that would help since she is so young, and that all the ducks from her group are healthy. She seems like she is not feeling well and some dried goop around her eyes and I can hear a click when she breathes. Please help! I will do anything for her!

Back
Top Bottom