sick chick died fast

yadaguhtoo

Songster
8 Years
Jun 14, 2011
Washington State
Well I am sad and don't know what happened. I had four chicks hatch out 5 days ago (incubated). I went into check on them this morning and they all looked healthy eating and running around. Checked on them in the afternoon still great, then early this evening one of them looked lethargic and was in the corner by itself and then died within 5 hours. It seemed to have a little diarrhea kind of yellow and white. Does anybody know what might have happened? I hope no more get sick:(

I am feeding them chick starter which I have also been feeding to my 5 week old chicks and they are fine. Maybe it just wasn't meant to be. My brooder box is clean:) I guess I just have to keep my fingers crossed on the other 3, they still look healthy and happy.

Yea, like I said it just happens sometimes...I think its called FTT (Fail To Thrive) syndrome, some chicks are just too fragile for this harsh world. Keep your hopes up and I have my fingers crossed for the rest of your fuzzy butts!
fl.gif

welcome-byc.gif
Sorry for your loss. Don't worry it happens to most of us who hatch at one time or another. I have lost a few chicks for unknown reasons, so to me it just wasn't meant to be.

Back
Top Bottom