sick chicken

keyani2124

Hatching
5 Years
May 17, 2014
Hi. please help. One of my girls is sick.. her tail feathers are pointing down and her bump near the ground. she kind os slouches when she walks... today she has her mouth open and i can hear her breathing/ wheezing.. shes eating and drinking.. My other girls are fine.. i need help xx

Welcome to BYC. Wheezing is a sign of respiratory disease such as bronchitis, MG, coryza, ILT and others. Does she have watery eyes, nasal drainage, cough, sneeze, or swelling around an eye or the face? Have you looked inside her beak and throat for anything that she could have lodged in her airway? Most respiratory diseases make carriers of the flock, and some can be treated with antibiotics such as Tylan (tylosin,) Denagard, tetracycline, and erythromycin. Here is a list of common respiratory diseases with symptoms: http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ps044

Hi thanks. No she doesnt have runny eyes.no cough. no discharge. i havent looked in her throat. but shes eating . very frustrating.. i didnt know if it was anything to do with worms

Have taken her to vets. had antibiotics and anti inflammatories. She looks like shes crouching and not straightening her legs compared to the other girls. eating and laying ok.. no discharge. eyes etc are clear. attached a video to show any help really needed. please

Back
Top Bottom