SICK PUPPY ~ HELP ~ Please!

Quote:
yes, i understand that you think he walks on water..but..if hes so good...why would he let an animal suffer? *this IS an honest, from my heart question*...i am just so confused and heartbroken by this whole thread...really...
hit.gif

*man, i need to go kiss my hubby RIGHT NOW!!!..because i realize just how flippin lucky i REALLY am!*

Last edited:
Here there are SO many dogs that people are trying to give away. Our local shelter has is putting down over 30 animals A DAY. They actually just started a thing in the paper to try and raise money to help feed these dogs/cats because they can't afford to. Our local classifieds has almost 100 dogs to give away. People can't get even give them away. I have taken in several dogs myself to keep from being put down. I can almost guarentee you that no one would take him in. A man got in a stink a few months ago for shooting all his dogs he couldn't give away. Dogs are so overpopulated here and this very dog we are talking about I took in to keep him from going to the shelter where I knew what his fate was going to be. They were loading them up and taking them right then when I decided to take him in.

And I really don't want this turned down into that road. I don't have to obey my husband, I can do what I want but I respect him and his decisions and I trust his judgement.....But I think I have already explained all of that.....and I am finished with it.

I am not going to rehome him if he lives. We love this dog and we are going to try our best to take care of him. In all the years I have owned dogs this is the first time I have ever had one get sick on me. We do most of our vetting with the horses ourselves anyways and we just aren't going to spend thousands of dollars on the animal. Sorry if that sounds harsh but it doesnt mean we don't care...

We stayed up all night watching after him, my husband even told me to go to bed and he would stay up with him. He has been working on this dog since he got sick....

Last edited:
Would you consider relinquishing him to an animal welfare organisation? That way he can get the care he needs rather than suffering.

We had a puppy with Parvo last summer, after our incompetent vet kennelled her with Parvo infected puppies. They may have given him shots, but the kind that can be bought in feedstores generally do not protect against the newest strains of the virus. We are on a limited budget and treat what we can ourselves, but our dogs always get their shots from a vet now. Parvo is not something that should be treated at home. It is a serious illness and experimenting with different treatments will not help the dog, it may just prolong the suffering.

We did have one called S.A.F.E (saving animals from euthanization) it was shut down last year from lack of funding. There are so many dogs. They all had to go to the local shelter and the majority were put down that very week from lack of room/feed for them.

The dog is doing better anyway, I said he is not vomiting anymore. I have been talking to the vet on the phone and he said that was a really good sign. They have given us instruction for him as well.

Really though, is it just my neck of the woods or do people not belive in doing their own vetting anymore? Most everyone here does their own animal care if possible...

ETA some things.

Last edited:
Quote:
Sweetie you are doing good by following God and letting your husband lead. I am to head strong for that thus I am not nor never will be married but you are lucky enough to have someone who takes your feelings into consideration. You do what you think is best no matter what anyone tells you and from the way you stated the above statements you are not a door mat and know when to stick up for yourself and your family. I really really hope the pup gets better. My prayers and hugs go out to you and the pup. Also your husband for trying what he can to help, he does sound like a good guy. I wouldnt give up the dog either if it were me.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry your puppy is sick!
Our dog was also vomiting frothy white stuff a few weeks ago. It turns out, she attacked a snake and the snake had bit her on the tongue =S Even though the snake was a garder snake and was not poisonous, Katie had an allergic reaction to its bite.
The symptoms sound alike, but I'm not sure if the same thing happened to both of our dogs. Katie got better quickly, I hope your puppy does too.

GOOD LUCK!

Quote:
i completly understand not spending $1000's on the dog...i could not do that either...but my animals get basic vet care when they are ill, i dont let them suffer if they are sick...if i cant afford to pay big bucks if they get really,really ill...then i will make the choice to either, 1: give up my custody of the dog, so he can get the expensive vet care that i cant afford...OR 2: have the dog put down so it dosent linger with a sickness....i know i dont like to be in pain or to be sick to my stomach...to be barfing....do you? i imagine the dog dosent like how it feels to be sick either!...just something for you to think about....good luck, i think you really need all our prayers...really, you have mine...
hugs.gif

Last edited:
Chicks_N_Horses here is a ((HUG)) for you and the pup. I do hope he gets well and sounds like you are doing what you can. You DO NOT have to explain yourself or your situation, I am glad you asked all the wonderful, helpful and nonjudgmental members of BYC for help. Please let us know how the puppy does.

I hope your puppy gets better soon.

If my husband wouldn't let me take the puppy to the vet. He would be sitting in the emergency room with a head wound.

Back
Top Bottom