Sick silkie

chickentender_

Chirping
Jul 15, 2023
One of my little silkies was found in the coop last week almost unresponsive and wouldn’t keep her head up. I brought her inside the porch with a fan on her, gave her honey, water, and thinking it was maybe heat related. I was able to run to the store and get her powdered electrolytes with vitamin at selenium the next day. I’ve also been giving her the “Vet RX” which was recommended by the person at tractor supply. She still will not eat or drink on her own and has lost weight and will barely stand. At first she was very very weak and could barely keep her head upset or eyes open. Seems like she got better for a couple of days But is declining again. Any thoughts are appreciated !

Welcome To BYC

Do you have photos of her and her poop?
What do you feed?

How old is she?

Have you treated for Coccidiosis?
Liquid Corid dose is 2tsp or Powdered Corid Dose is 1 1/2tsp per gallon of water given for 5-7 days as the only source of drinking water.
Do not add any extra vitamins/electrolytes that contain B1(Thiamine) to food or water during the course of treatment.

Welcome To BYC

What do you feed?

How old is she?

Liquid Corid dose is 2tsp or Powdered Corid Dose is 1 1/2tsp per gallon of water given for 5-7 days as the only source of drinking water.
Do not add any extra vitamins/electrolytes that contain B1(Thiamine) to food or water during the course of treatment.
Welcome To BYC

What do you feed?

How old is she?

Thank you for responding. I initially had to treat with corid when I got them and they seemed to be just fine so I integrated them into the coop with the others. It was maybe 3 weeks later that I found her the way I did in the coop.
She passed away this morning. I’m very sad I couldn’t save her!

Back
Top Bottom