Sight Sexing Barred Plymouth Rock Chicks at Hatch

Pics
Ive been dying to figure of their gender Could someone help me with mines?

I'm thinking this one is a boy. It has more of a comb already- is it too early to use that as a sign?

Two females or male on the left, female on the right? Chick in the back in the third photo is the one in photos 1-2 that I believe to be male.

These were sold as sexed. I also have 3 buff Orpingtons that I think are all girls. They're 2 weeks old.

I'm thinking this one is a boy. It has more of a comb already- is it too early to use that as a sign?

Two females or male on the left, female on the right? Chick in the back in the third photo is the one in photos 1-2 that I believe to be male.

These were sold as sexed. I also have 3 buff Orpingtons that I think are all girls. They're 2 weeks old.
These actually all look female to me, personally. Here was my male at 2 weeks old: A lot more gray/white then yours look, yours are more black- a female characteristic.

These actually all look female to me, personally. Here was my male at 2 weeks old: A lot more gray/white then yours look, yours are more black- a female characteristic.
I feel like it's getting more obvious that one of these things is not like the others. Right? They're 2.5-3 weeks old. Is it possible for combs on a rooster to already be getting some more pink in them? My suspected rooster has much more color in its comb, which just happened within the last day or so.

Thank you so much for this post. This is my first attempt at hatching barred rocks. Theyre half good shepherd. The other half is duckworth. Tried my best to start off with the best lines I could find. I didn't realize they'd be harder to sex and would have probably messed it up looking at the head alone. They're all peeping in their shells right now. I should have 18 of them tonight. :). This is going to be very interesting. lol.

I have 2 7 week old barred rocks i think this one is a girl

But this one im back and forth on what gender. Slightly bigger and slightly lighter than the other:

And my birds together:

As chicks both had black wash on their legs the lighter one had a medium sized white spot on its head.

This is Little Stephen Fawcett, a 3-4 week old Barred Plymouth Rock. I'm think this is a male however my wife just loves the little dude and is conviced it's a girl (we live in the city and can't keep roosters so we'd have give him back) So what do we think, male or female?

Back
Top Bottom