Silkie rooster -needs a loving home-marietta Ga

Basically a bunch of people in one place with all sorts of livestock being traded/sold. If you have FB, you should be able to find some. Or local feed stores. And some tractor supplys have them.
Thank you! I will look it up in my area!

Hello! I have a lovely roo that the county says I cannot keep. We didn’t know when we got him that he would be a roo. He was born just before April 27,2020. He’s a good protector for the hens and has begun trying to mate. He has also saved them many times from Hawks. I absolutely hate having to find him a new home, but he crows and my neighbors are close. The image of him on the grass is the more recent one. He’s beautiful! 😭
Please let me know if you’re interested. His name is LeBlanc but we also call him Whitey, cause we didn’t name any of the chickens till we knew what they were sex wise.

Hello! I have a lovely roo that the county says I cannot keep. We didn’t know when we got him that he would be a roo. He was born just before April 27,2020. He’s a good protector for the hens and has begun trying to mate. He has also saved them many times from Hawks. I absolutely hate having to find him a new home, but he crows and my neighbors are close. The image of him on the grass is the more recent one. He’s beautiful! 😭
Please let me know if you’re interested. His name is LeBlanc but we also call him Whitey, cause we didn’t name any of the chickens till we knew what they were sex wise.
Update on our rooster: we were able to take him back to the farm where we first got him as a chick and our hope is he will fit in well there. I had him in a Clear storage bin with a mesh top/lid and he escaped while I was driving to the farm. He flew into the front passenger seat and then walked over to my lap and laid down for comfort the whole way there!! He never once pooped on me too 😭. He’s such a sweet boy. The farm owner was surprised how docile he was and she knew we had hand raised him . He said he’s quite handsome and she would like to mate him with her silkie hens. Since he was so full feathered. But his hens at our home were sad he is gone, they seem lost without him and I can only imagine our little guy doesn’t know why he had to leave. So heartbreaking for us . 💔. Thank you all for your help and comments!

So happy you found a good home for him! Sounds like he will be well cared for and have lots of girl friends. Your girls will be fine and so will you.:love

So happy you found a good home for him! Sounds like he will be well cared for and have lots of girl friends. Your girls will be fine and so will you.:love
Thank you! Past few hours my daughter and I have been sad and crying. Hard when you’ve raised them from babies. But we appreciate the encouragement!

Update on our rooster: we were able to take him back to the farm where we first got him as a chick and our hope is he will fit in well there. I had him in a Clear storage bin with a mesh top/lid and he escaped while I was driving to the farm. He flew into the front passenger seat and then walked over to my lap and laid down for comfort the whole way there!! He never once pooped on me too 😭. He’s such a sweet boy. The farm owner was surprised how docile he was and she knew we had hand raised him . He said he’s quite handsome and she would like to mate him with her silkie hens. Since he was so full feathered. But his hens at our home were sad he is gone, they seem lost without him and I can only imagine our little guy doesn’t know why he had to leave. So heartbreaking for us . 💔. Thank you all for your help and comments!

It's great that you found him a good home!

Back
Top Bottom