Silky hatch-along and OdoBan on eggs experiment

Pics
I have a nest full of Dark Cornish eggs that need washing bad. After a blowing rain it is awful muddy inside the coop.
There was a lady woth a YouTube video showing how she cleams eggs for the incubator, she rinsed them off with slightly warm water, then rolled them in hydrogen peroxide. If you incubator is really clean, maybe this would work for your dirty eggs?

Would red silkie x white silkie yield a sex link silkie? Pullet hatch buff and roos hatch white?
I'm not a color genetics expert, but I haven't heard of red and white being sexlinked for silkies. Silkies have 2 versions of white, dominate and recessive. The only sexlinked colors I've heard of for silkies are breeding a chocolate rooster over a black hen. You will get chocolate pullets and black cockerels.

Would red silkie x white silkie yield a sex link silkie? Pullet hatch buff and roos hatch white?
The red and white in other breeds that produces sex linked chicks is generally actually "Gold" and "Silver". The white in Silkies is not Silver, so as far as I'm aware wouldn't produce sex links. I'm not sure what the genetics of Buff in silkies is but if it is gold when paired with an actual Silver silkie should produce sex linked chicks.
Well, I hope that's all correct, I know about and have done Gold/Silver sex linking with other breeds but am still learning about silkies colours and the genetics...

I have no red silkies yet, a white rooster and a black or white hen (all I had at the time) made this red partridge.

Millie 5-30-23.jpg

I looked on the thread I use and there's no red listed. It's not technically a true silkie color but I know there are such a thing. I think I sent you the few sex links you may have there out of those eggs. Males are white (older), blue, and mauve, and hens are splash, chocolate (2), black (3, 2 older) and white (older). Thus, what I know, if you get any Mauve and Chocolate Splash will be pullets, Blue are split Chocolate cockerels, and Splash are split Chocolate cockerels. Because they weren't penned up, that's the only guaranteed ones out of them. Tribe 1 (The older ones) do not breed with Tribe 2 (the fancier ones).

I have no red silkies yet, a white rooster and a black or white hen (all I had at the time) made this red partridge.

View attachment 3723458

I looked on the thread I use and there's no red listed. It's not technically a true silkie color but I know there are such a thing. I think I sent you the few sex links you may have there out of those eggs. Males are white (older), blue, and mauve, and hens are splash, chocolate (2), black (3, 2 older) and white (older). Thus, what I know, if you get any Mauve and Chocolate Splash will be pullets, Blue are split Chocolate cockerels, and Splash are split Chocolate cockerels. Because they weren't penned up, that's the only guaranteed ones out of them. Tribe 1 (The older ones) do not breed with Tribe 2 (the fancier ones).
If I rehome a red local rooster then I'm half way to a partridge almost.

If I rehome a red local rooster then I'm half way to a partridge almost.
This is truly why I do NOT understand how partridge chickens are created if we don't have one. I had a lot of chipmunk chicks (partridge) I sold and that red rooster was all I had kept for a while, and this younger hen I have but she's not red really. Rust maybe? This was about 3 months ago. I should get a new picture of her.

9-9-23.jpg

This is truly why I do NOT understand how partridge chickens are created if we don't have one. I had a lot of chipmunk chicks (partridge) I sold and that red rooster was all I had kept for a while, and this younger hen I have but she's not red really. Rust maybe? This was about 3 months ago. I should get a new picture of her.

View attachment 3723478
They're so fluffffffyyyy!

Back
Top Bottom