Silky hatch-along and OdoBan on eggs experiment

Pics
So, getting your husband to feel sorry for you is the trick? I'm still trying to get my husband to ok buying an an incubator. And we've got 70° weather !!!!!:lau
See, with my fiance, I eased the blow because I already had received one as an Christmas gift many years ago. But now that I'm looking at incubators again - I want one with an auto turner and less trouble than my Little Giant ^^ - I think I'm going to buy it as a birthday gift to me!

As for the chicks, my go to line is: I couldn't help it! I don't want them to get bullied because they don't have similar looking friends!!

I bought a needed part so I can help the rooster do his job.

There's parts to help the rooster mount the hens?!

See, with my fiance, I eased the blow because I already had received one as an Christmas gift many years ago. But now that I'm looking at incubators again - I want one with an auto turner and less trouble than my Little Giant ^^ - I think I'm going to buy it as a birthday gift to me!

As for the chicks, my go to line is: I couldn't help it! I don't want them to get bullied because they don't have similar looking friends!!

No. You have to transfer the rooster's tadpoles to the hen. via a dropper. The same way broad breasted turkeys are bread because the Toms are to big in the breast to mount hen turkeys. There are YouTube videos showing the procedure. I have two huge Roosters that I want to breed to some hens and the are two big to breed naturally.

No. You have to transfer the rooster's tadpoles to the hen. via a dropper. The same way broad breasted turkeys are bread because the Toms are to big in the breast to mount hen turkeys. There are YouTube videos showing the procedure. I have two huge Roosters that I want to breed to some hens and the are two big to breed naturally.
Oh, okay! That makes much more sense than the bizzare chicken swing/rooster step up I was picturing. Of course you meant a dropper. :lau

I told my hubby the other day I was getting hatching eggs next week, I got a grunt and a bit of a glare, I brought it up again today and he acted like it was fresh news 🤣 and he's concerned I will go overboard with it, what? Me!?! Never...

I told my hubby the other day I was getting hatching eggs next week, I got a grunt and a bit of a glare, I brought it up again today and he acted like it was fresh news 🤣 and he's concerned I will go overboard with it, what? Me!?! Never...
The fiance and I just had the chicken talk, funnily enough... He said, his max is 15 chickens and he'd like for me to ease up on the hatching. I said, oh of course, my latest batch is going to be sold!

And then he saw the box I picked up today and just sighed. ^^;;;

The fiance and I just had the chicken talk, funnily enough... He said, his max is 15 chickens and he'd like for me to ease up on the hatching. I said, oh of course, my latest batch is going to be sold!

And then he saw the box I picked up today and just sighed. ^^;;;
I think I'd like a max of around 30. I'm only about double that right now, not too bad.

I've seen some super cute silkie mixes and some funky ones 🤣
Oh, he and his brother (Wally and James, Wally is in the photo) were stunners. But mean, mean, mean! Their temperament was so horrible (and very out of the blue, their parents were easy to handle) and of course, the JG showed up much more than the Silkie, so they were huge too!

I think I'd like a max of around 30. I'm only about double that right now, not too bad.
Only double that? That's good. I told him if any turn out to be roos or particularly mean, we will have a busy time processing them. Otherwise, we already have our starter flock for when we get our own home of this latest batch of chicks.

Back
Top Bottom