Silly Chickens

MOZFarm

Chirping
5 Years
Aug 5, 2014
NW Florida
As a greenhorn, I'm wondering what is the silliest thing you've seen your chickens do?

The neighbor's rooster likes to get up on our trampoline, flap and bounces a bit while crowing. It's not even the highest spot he could get to.
One of the hens likes to hop up to the porch railing and then stands with both of her feet crammed onto a medium small roundish river rock. She then purposely wobbles there while looking at her feet all the time making happy chicken sounds.

Last edited:
One of my neighbors has chickens and there's this one chicken who's lost a few of her toes to frostbite (neighbor doesn't understand that drafty coops are bad), she's also on the bottom of the pecking order so she'll always come to my house to get treats from me. Every time she sees me outside she comes running/flapping up to me, yelling for treats. I've appropriately named her Nubs :) I adore her

One of my neighbors has chickens and there's this one chicken who's lost a few of her toes to frostbite (neighbor doesn't understand that drafty coops are bad), she's also on the bottom of the pecking order so she'll always come to my house to get treats from me. Every time she sees me outside she comes running/flapping up to me, yelling for treats. I've appropriately named her Nubs :) I adore her

Oh, how sweet! I'm also glad that I'm not the only one giving treats to their neighbor's flock.

Back
Top Bottom