Silly wet chickens!

Well I am glad I did it now. It started raining tonight and I went out and there was my little guys out in the rain after dark. I brought them in and dried them off good. Then took them back out and locked them back in the little coop I had put toghter. It was all warm and dry and they where half asleep before I left them. Granted I was all wet again.....

d.k :

*Earthworms come to the surface when it rains hard cuz though they like A LITTLE moisture-- TOO much of it and they DROWN!! Try not to be scared, Stormhorse!! REMEMBER: The poor things aren't after YOU-- They're looking for NOAH'S ARK!!
smile.png
(ps: my bug phobia is the giant roaches they call palmetto bugs down here-- they come out when it rains, too & always seem to me to be flying straight at my head!!! HATE those critters, but they're just trying to get out of the rain too! ~:| )

Palmetto bugs are a terrible plague IMHO. We, too have the awful things. I hurt myself often beating myself when one flies and lands near or on me! lol. My DH says they won't hurt me, but I always manage to be injured when one comes too close!​

A friend of mine, who I just found out has chickens, says that his buff orpington ladies love to eat the palmetto bugs.

My hen likes being out in the rain too. The other day I came home from work and Mil was soaked.
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom