Sit'n on the porch

Pics
:cafCoffee times over- time to make breakfast and get busy outside. It was cold yesterday, I hope it warms up.

I am making Mushroom Beef Stew today for dinner. I am using left over small potatoes instead on pasta and Pacific brand mushroom broth. Maybe some biscuits.
https://www.thepioneerwoman.com/food-cooking/recipes/a8903/beef-stew-with-mushrooms/

4145868938_2bbd61e4fe_o.jpg

I am headed out to the compost and garden soil piles. I want to wheelbarrow them to the new squash bed. I'll get a pic when I go out. Quite a bit to get done today & tomorrow so I can focus on the house work on Friday.
IMG_0288.JPG

Oh come on now granny. Is that as dirty as they get? You are starting to make me feel like I need to run mine through the carwash. You are in the pacific northwest, don't it rain all the time over there?

Ok, it is Blue Sky Root Beer Time!
My Husband got the nesting boxes up. Now I will have room on the wall opposite of the feeders for the brooder box.

and while he did that I worked on the squash bed. Moved 5 wheelbarrows of compost and 5 of top soil.
View attachment 2651818 View attachment 2651820

View attachment 2651821
Now we just need to get a cover/tunnel/ row cover up so the squash have some heat.
Wonderful progress today. 👏 Good job.

me too! I've started looking at my girls and wondering why they don't preen more... then I watch them roll like the happiest little dirt devils in the dust bath and I just know they will never be that white...
Mine did that today, I had to stop and laugh when I was walking by. They all were deep in the dirt, all sprawled out, just laying there, It looked like they were sleeping in the dirt on their sides Lololo HAhahahah a real dirt nap

Last edited:
These chilly mornings are a bummer, and during the day we get to maybe 63. To cold at 5a.m.
View attachment 2652684

I am getting a bit nervous / anxious / excited about the new chicks.
To be back up to full flock size is exciting. We built our coop, according to standards, to house 16 birds. In 2014 we had 16.
View attachment 2652687
That is a brisk start to the day for sure. I find it invigorating to be sure.

Have a great day. 👍

👩‍⚕️ > So Bob Rooster has been grabbing the hens comb............
So, all 5 have slight to needs a Band-Aid cut/scratch on their combs.
I am going to have to get some Neosporin on the combs.
So, first put Bob in the brooder time out cage, second, heard all of the hens into the coop. Then one by one wipe their comb with non- alcohol witch-hazel and then dab on the neosporin.

👩‍⚕️ > So Bob Rooster has been grabbing the hens comb............
So, all 5 have slight to needs a Band-Aid cut/scratch on their combs.
I am going to have to get some Neosporin on the combs.
So, first put Bob in the brooder time out cage, second, heard all of the hens into the coop. Then one by one wipe their comb with non- alcohol witch-hazel and then dab on the neosporin.
Bad boy. He needs to work on his balance.

Bad boy. He needs to work on his balance.
Well it went good, I was able to herd (not heard) all the hens in the coop. BOY did Bob not!! like that Hahahaha. After closing the door, I very calmly started scooping poo and quietly talking to the hens. then one by one I picked up each one, yes they protested. They each got their comb cleaned and neosporined. It is amazing how quickly their combs do heal. I one that had the bigger not happy looking cut, it was scabbing over and looking better. but it still got taken care of.

I would think Bob would not much care for the taste of neosporin Hahahahaha

Back
Top Bottom