Sit'n on the porch

Pics
Today, nothing-
Tomorrow is Burn Pile Day
One small one and a root ball - IMG_1016.JPG

And 2 "bigger than they look" there is a hip high hole in the red marked area I am going to use as a burn pit
IMG_1017_LI.jpg

Last edited:
Dag-gum Cooper Hawks been hanging around, it was sitting in front of the coop run gats last evening when we went down to give Bob Rooster a nail trim AND it was on the squash garden fence by the fig tree this morning
coop_hawk3.jpg

Dag-gum Cooper Hawks been hanging around, it was sitting in front of the coop run gats last evening when we went down to give Bob Rooster a nail trim AND it was on the squash garden fence by the fig tree this morning
View attachment 2722190
Not something you like to see hanging around. 😕

Burning is done!!!
I got out and gathered hoses and things at 6:30 and had the pile lit by 7:30ish-Grandpa helped me bring the pallet over and get the fire going before he left for town.
IMG_1026.JPG
I knocked out all the piles except the root ball by11:30
IMG_1030.JPG
Grandpa came back from town at noon and split the bigger rounds for me and finished up those until they were down to coal--
I am so glad this is over it was a work out for sure

I just had to blast out the door with dogs on alert- Bob the Rooster let out an ALEEEEEEEEEEERT! scream and SQUakkkkkkkkkkkkk -- all the chickes and hens were in the coop, Bob was hollering
A hawk landed on the run chicken wire- it looked like it was right in the middle, it cant get in unless it can squeezy through the holes in the wire its self, we have all of it tied together, no gaps,
IMG_0227 (2).JPG

The poor White LH's are to warm because the door is not open. I have all 3 windows open but until the sun moves down they will be warm. I'll go out at 9:15 and close the back window. they dont like it open at night.
IMG_1061.JPG IMG_1062.JPG IMG_1063.JPG IMG_1064.JPG IMG_1065.JPG

Back
Top Bottom