Sit'n on the porch

Good morning/afternoon/evening all!

What a beautiful sunny Sunday! Dad went home today and I am getting caught up on shopping and chores. Just got back from grocery and getting the house settled in for the upcoming week.

Butterscotch is rallying as she always does with her leg. Still eating just limping around the run and lying down a lot. I will give her another half baby aspirin shortly then attempt to cut the grass. I might hold off a little while since it is 86 and sunny. Good news is low humidity.

Time for a nice glass of iced tea! On it’s way….hope everyone is enjoying the day.

What a beautiful sunny Sunday! Dad went home today and I am getting caught up on shopping and chores. Just got back from grocery and getting the house settled in for the upcoming week.

Butterscotch is rallying as she always does with her leg. Still eating just limping around the run and lying down a lot. I will give her another half baby aspirin shortly then attempt to cut the grass. I might hold off a little while since it is 86 and sunny. Good news is low humidity.

Time for a nice glass of iced tea! On it’s way….hope everyone is enjoying the day.
You sound busy.

Well it sounds like you had a nice productive day. A lot of us went out for lunch after church. I am just now getting to what I didnt do yesterday, the towels & sheets are in the wash. I took the last 3 roasts out of the freezer. My son, wife and 5 grandkids are coming tomorrow. I am going to make BBQ shredded beef.
I'll drive to the store in the morning after I get the meat in the oven. I'll pick up a few extra things.

Two loads of laundry, two raised beds and their paths weeded. I got the day's Japanese Beetle harvest and gave about 10 to the littles while the big birds ate the rest. One of my Blue Australorps, Stormy, was the first to try them and figure out that they're good to eat! She's my brave girl of the chicks.

Picked my first tomatoes today. Yay! They aren't the type I thought they were, and they won't be much for canning. Boo! But they taste good. Yay! Two yays and a boo. Good enough.

Two loads of laundry, two raised beds and their paths weeded. I got the day's Japanese Beetle harvest and gave about 10 to the littles while the big birds ate the rest. One of my Blue Australorps, Stormy, was the first to try them and figure out that they're good to eat! She's my brave girl of the chicks.

Picked my first tomatoes today. Yay! They aren't the type I thought they were, and they won't be much for canning. Boo! But they taste good. Yay! Two yays and a boo. Good enough.
That was a great day, I pray you had a good visit with your daughter the other day.
Have a great evening!

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/slow-cooked-barbecued-beef-sandwiches/

bbq-beef-and-coleslaw-sandwich.jpg

One of my older girls has a bit of a crusty bum….it’s okay to warm soak her and blow her dry right?

this poor girl had a prolapse vent at 6 days old so she is used to the routine…I did things to that chicken that I never thought I would do in my life🥰

You don’t clip the bum of chicks like dogs right? At some point I will know some of these answers:)

One of my older girls has a bit of a crusty bum….it’s okay to warm soak her and blow her dry right?

this poor girl had a prolapse vent at 6 days old so she is used to the routine…I did things to that chicken that I never thought I would do in my life🥰

You don’t clip the bum of chicks like dogs right? At some point I will know some of these answers:)
I never trim feathers, some people do, the only time I blow dry is when it is cold out. But if you do put the dryer on cool/warm and low blowing. I often just wash the bum,

I never trim feathers, some people do, the only time I blow dry is when it is cold out. But if you do put the dryer on cool/warm and low blowing. I often just wash the bum,
Thanks @GrandmaDeKorte! I dipped her into the warm water and it was like she was having a spa treatment!!! She never flinched once:)

I named her Farrah faucett because she is my flighty blonde. Little did I know that she would love the “blow out” so much! :idunno
Hope everyone had a good day and good afternoon to our friends down under!

Cheers and thanks again

Attachments

• C52BC3FF-D3B7-43D4-A90B-AEA84C9235DD.jpeg
    C52BC3FF-D3B7-43D4-A90B-AEA84C9235DD.jpeg
    416.4 KB · Views: 3
Whew…the unspeakable things we do for our girls! I’m putting the leaves in the pot for tomorrow morning’s tea…cherry rose green tea. If it wasn’t so late, I would enjoy a cut right now.

BBQ sounds amazing!! I love taste of home magazine. That looks delicious…please let us know how it turns out.

@Sally PB….yay for your tomatoes! So satisfying to eat something you grew. Your garden sounds lovely. The beetles used to eat my roses…no plants up here yet for them to eat. BUT…I do have wild raspberries that are starting to ripen. What a find. I also have a ton of may apples, but I’ve read those are poisonous. Shame…

Back
Top Bottom