Sit'n on the porch

AND all is a go!!!! I am so glad
The plan is:
Raise the coop up on treated 4X4s or bigger, and back fill with sand,

The low roof side will be to the outside of the run with a porch type cover for garden tools and feed,

The run will extend 7feet north and 7feet south off the high side N & S corners of the coop,

There will be one 16foot roost on the inside, back west wall,

On the east wall the door will be center

On the south wall one long nesting box shelf, - under the nesting box shelf will be a brooder nest area, raised up a bit off the floor and with hardwire surrounding it with an opening so I will be able to visit new chicks and clean the brooder
On the north wall ; northeast corner will be

feed water feed
🐓⭕🐓🐓⭕🐓🐓⭕🐓
spaced so there is plenty of room for the chickens to move around the feed

under the water I think I will "box" in a large box of rock so if they spill the water it doesn't flood the sand floor

Off the east wall of the coop the run will be covered ???feet??? to give the flock protection from HEAT, rain and snow, a dry area for dust baths and we will rig up outdoor roost under it,

The run will extend out as far as we can go like this just bigger,

View attachment 2921216

and be covered with hard wire cloth
View attachment 2921215
Sounds awesome!!

48182E44-CC2A-4955-A0E7-33C4A04275C3.jpeg

Look what my girls have me this morning. My first blue egg from Gigi! Well I think it’s from her. I have 2 green egg layers that haven’t laid for months…divas. One lays an olive green and the other is more celery/light green. It could be one of theirs too but I’m optimist it is from the last lady to lay from the may batch I ordered. What joy to get to discover this on a cold Tuesday in December. Hope everyone is having a great day☺️
Oh good morning, its 38 on the porch a VERY dark out
You even get up before the chickens☺️☺️. The peace found in the dark before the dawn is amazing. Your view is simply breathtaking.

View attachment 2921191
Look what my girls have me this morning. My first blue egg from Gigi! Well I think it’s from her. I have 2 green egg layers that haven’t laid for months…divas. One lays an olive green and the other is more celery/light green. It could be one of theirs too but I’m optimist it is from the last lady to lay from the may batch I ordered. What joy to get to discover this on a cold Tuesday in December. Hope everyone is having a great day☺️

You even get up before the chickens☺️☺️. The peace found in the dark before the dawn is amazing. Your view is simply breathtaking.
Oh wow, arnt they beautiful!!!?

AND all is a go!!!! I am so glad
The plan is:
Raise the coop up on treated 4X4s or bigger, and back fill with sand,

The low roof side will be to the outside of the run with a porch type cover for garden tools and feed,

The run will extend 7feet north and 7feet south off the high side N & S corners of the coop,

There will be one 16foot roost on the inside, back west wall,

On the east wall the door will be center

On the south wall one long nesting box shelf, - under the nesting box shelf will be a brooder nest area, raised up a bit off the floor and with hardwire surrounding it with an opening so I will be able to visit new chicks and clean the brooder
On the north wall ; northeast corner will be

feed water feed
🐓⭕🐓🐓⭕🐓🐓⭕🐓
spaced so there is plenty of room for the chickens to move around the feed

under the water I think I will "box" in a large box of rock so if they spill the water it doesn't flood the sand floor

Off the east wall of the coop the run will be covered ???feet??? to give the flock protection from HEAT, rain and snow, a dry area for dust baths and we will rig up outdoor roost under it,

The run will extend out as far as we can go like this just bigger,

View attachment 2921216

and be covered with hard wire cloth
View attachment 2921215
Sounds like you will have your own chicken Palace when done. Lucky chickens!

When thee moon is full, I dont turn on porch light when I take the dogs out ( I do have my flash light so I dont step in a surprise) but....
there is no light pollution, and the stars are so clear, and in the winter the traffic sound from HWY 101 quiets down by 9pm so it is so quite-- I love it when the power and the electricity buzz stops--
in Dec. 15th 2020 we had a lot of snow, it was so quite out, so still
IMG_0233.JPG

34° with light snow here today. A day for a second cup of coffee, a blanket, and a warm cat.

View attachment 2922069

MeeOwww kitty! I love the bits of orange in the fur--- I hope you all had a good morning, stay warm!
boy, it took me 20 min, to like, make a post, and now reply, we have HughsNet satellite internet, and something is really messing with it, maybe the wind,

I am going to have to go out in the storm and turn the light on in the coop, I'll prop the door open but not leave it full open, its to windy, :confused:
maybe I will just wait a while longer, it wont be light until 7:10ish its 5:30 now,,, I know it wont hurt them to stay in, in the dark, they get up and wander around the coop in the dark ,,,, Hahahaha I am such a mother hen :gig

Isn't it amazing how snow quiets everything? We got an inch+ last night, and it's very pretty. It's 21 degrees now, so it'll stay pretty for a few hours, then get heavy and mushy. Oh well.

I made my first loaf of gluten free sourdough bread. The form is lacking, as it didn't rise very much, but the flavor is very good. I definitely will make more, but I'll try a different recipe next time.

It would pair well with lentil soup, if I had some.
IMG_1912.JPG

Isn't it amazing how snow quiets everything? We got an inch+ last night, and it's very pretty. It's 21 degrees now, so it'll stay pretty for a few hours, then get heavy and mushy. Oh well.

I made my first loaf of gluten free sourdough bread. The form is lacking, as it didn't rise very much, but the flavor is very good. I definitely will make more, but I'll try a different recipe next time.

It would pair well with lentil soup, if I had some.
View attachment 2922080

It Looks Great!!! yes would be great with soup

Back
Top Bottom