Sit'n on the porch

It was a very nice day, but I slept a good part of it away. Tomorrow is supposed to be just as nice, so I plan to get outside. My rationale for the nap was that I was on my feet just about all day yesterday.
You are entitled to a nap day from time to time. Even beasts of burden are given some time in the field to graze a little. You don't need to account for it, you can be generous with yourself. (If you feel you need permission, consider this your hall-pass for future use ;) )

Yes! I always stary a day or 2 ahead, on the kitchen part, I house keeping part a week ahead,
Do you make your spouse sleep in the coop for the week prior? I couldn't possibly do housework a week ahead of time, he would just make it chaos again in an afternoon *sigh*

I didn't realize how bad it was until he went on a hunting trip for 11days late September... I cleaned the bathroom the next day, the kitchen the day after, changed the bed and cleaned the bedroom the day after. Then... Nothing... For the entire time he was away I just picked up after myself and it stayed clean... I was amazed.

I think I am living with a feral animal more than a human sometimes...

I've learned after almost 54 years of marriage he doesn't know how to pick up after himself or put things up after using them.
So trying to domesticate a feral man is a waste of time and an exercise in frustration? I think you are right.

I tried "picking my battle", I have been focusing on him closing the outside door of the house (this is Canada, we have weather, and we live in the woods, so there are lots of mice/rodents/chipmunks/squirrels and often the chickens just walk right in and poo on the floor/eat in the dog's bowl) but despite reminding him multiple times a day for several years now, he still can't close a door. He keeps blaming it on the dog ("I let the dog out"), or saying he is going back outside "soon". Basically he just doesn't care that it bothers me, which is the most telling part.

Anyway... Enough complaining...

Do you make your spouse sleep in the coop for the week prior? I couldn't possibly do housework a week ahead of time, he would just make it chaos again in an afternoon *sigh*

I didn't realize how bad it was until he went on a hunting trip for 11days late September... I cleaned the bathroom the next day, the kitchen the day after, changed the bed and cleaned the bedroom the day after. Then... Nothing... For the entire time he was away I just picked up after myself and it stayed clean... I was amazed.

I think I am living with a feral animal more than a human sometimes...
No not at all , first I don't make my DH do anything, he is very helpful and doesn't leave a mess.

Good Sunday morning,
We are due for snow which I dont like, but it is what it is. Have a restful day.
Screenshot 2022-11-27 064259.png

first you cut your potatoes ( i use yukon) in like 1/2 then 3ed's-- par boil them so they are just forkable -- drain and dump into a baking dish--- fry up what ever amount of bacon to your liking- and then fry up onion . Next make gravy. I start with a stick of butter and make a rue then thin with chicken broth- add salt, pepper and a garlic seasoning all to taste-- I let the gravy thicken up and then rethin with heave cream- then I add white vinegar to me liking, we like it with a zing but not overwhelming-- ok, so now that the gravy is made stir in the cooked bacon and onion--- so you are making enough gravy to fully cover and toss and cover the amount of potatoes you cooked, mix it all in but dont mash the potatoes--- pat it all down so its all in the grave, cover with foil and bake at 325 for 30 to 45 min or so

warm spiced red cabbage goes GREAT with this
Thank you so much! 🤤 I can't wait to try it.

@BY Bob

Hi, can you show Phillys a picture of Canada and ask her for some weather predictions for this winter? It is really nice out today, and I know winter likes to mess with our heads here... I suspect cold things may be heading our way

Does she predict a long or short winter? Snowy or cold ?

I have some mittens to sort ;)
I will do so when I see her next. 😆

Back
Top Bottom