Sit'n on the porch

A little bit at a time is smart. I keep trying to convince my wife of that.
Oh my Lord! Have you been married for less than 20 seconds and grew up where there were no women ?

Do not tell a woman how to do her tasks! Focus on self-improvement, not spouse-improvements!

My spouse can't figure out a laundry hamper, to the point I have actually put one in EVERY room of the house including one in the kitchen/livingroom, but I still pick up his clothes on appliances and floors all over the house, but he insists on telling me how to do things and when. He literally told me as a I brought the ducks in yesterday that "now you need to clean their bed and give them food" (gosh, thanks for the info, I was about to lock them in with their own filth and leave them with nothing to eat. Thank God you were there to guide me. )

That is the same day I picked up a pair of his dirty underwear off the kitchen table and asked him "what is this?" He happily informed me they needed washing. I asked where they should be, he pointed to the washing machine in which I already had a load going which was "not compatible" with his green underwear. I pointed to the laundry hamper that is less than 3ft away and said "no, they go in the hamper".

I swear I thought the livingroom hamper was a temporary measure, like when you are puppy training and you put down a "piddle-pad" in every room and gradually set them up with just one as they figure it out. I don't think this puppy will ever be clean.

Don't tell your spouse that the women on this site do things the better-way that you have been advocating she try... You'll be having your Thanksgiving dinner in the chicken coop.

Is she (the hen, not the care-taker-human) still skittish, or do they calm down at some point ;) in their old age ?

I shouldn't complain, 3 of my leghorns will "put up" with a forced cuddle from me, and the forth will let me get near if she is truly hurting which, thankfully, is not often. She is in henopause and sometimes has a rough night, so I get to hold her and stroke her head while she rests. But most days she is a little dart flying from one end of the coop to the other to avoid the human-caretaker's cuddles. (Aka: "me")

I keep picturing some well-meaning animal protection inspector seeing how this chicken behaves around me and then having me arrested since this poor hen is obviously being abused.

In summer when there is lots of open room for her to dart away from me, and she always takes it, I look at her and say: "I've never once been mean to you! Stop acting like I beat you up!" She just freezes when I get within 10 ft, and looks at me, trying to decide if she should run to her left or right to avoid contact. I should have named her Oliver Twist, (had I known) instead I named her Lavender. She is anything but calming.
I have tamed all of my leghorns. My current legbar as well.

2016-06-05 19.11.04 (1).jpg
20221007_081550.jpg

Oh my Lord! Have you been married for less than 20 seconds and grew up where there were no women ?

Do not tell a woman how to do her tasks! Focus on self-improvement, not spouse-improvements!

My spouse can't figure out a laundry hamper, to the point I have actually put one in EVERY room of the house including one in the kitchen/livingroom, but I still pick up his clothes on appliances and floors all over the house, but he insists on telling me how to do things and when. He literally told me as a I brought the ducks in yesterday that "now you need to clean their bed and give them food" (gosh, thanks for the info, I was about to lock them in with their own filth and leave them with nothing to eat. Thank God you were there to guide me. )

That is the same day I picked up a pair of his dirty underwear off the kitchen table and asked him "what is this?" He happily informed me they needed washing. I asked where they should be, he pointed to the washing machine in which I already had a load going which was "not compatible" with his green underwear. I pointed to the laundry hamper that is less than 3ft away and said "no, they go in the hamper".

I swear I thought the livingroom hamper was a temporary measure, like when you are puppy training and you put down a "piddle-pad" in every room and gradually set them up with just one as they figure it out. I don't think this puppy will ever be clean.

Don't tell your spouse that the women on this site do things the better-way that you have been advocating she try... You'll be having your Thanksgiving dinner in the chicken coop.
After 35 years I let her do her thing nearly all the time but organizing Thanksgiving is not her strong suit. There are 13 people coming to our house. She needs help.

Stupid man tax
20221122_084008.jpg

After 35 years I let her do her thing nearly all the time but organizing Thanksgiving is not her strong suit. There are 13 people coming to our house. She needs help.
But she pulls it off each time, right? Maybe what she needs is just praise. Maybe this is her Everest and climbing it without a Sherpa is her way... Just give her the praise, step away from being in the way... And along with the praise a good foot or shoulder rub... Maybe pick up after yourself (more) or do some of the housework to help her out... But if she doesn't ask for suggestions about improving her efficiency... Listen... Don't offer... Women do things a certain way for reasons that go over the heads of the studio audience... Sometimes it is because they want to be appreciated and sometimes it just tastes better their way.

I love hot german potato salad but I don't know how to make it. Do you have a recipe you would be willing to share?
first you cut your potatoes ( i use yukon) in like 1/2 then 3ed's-- par boil them so they are just forkable -- drain and dump into a baking dish--- fry up what ever amount of bacon to your liking- and then fry up onion . Next make gravy. I start with a stick of butter and make a rue then thin with chicken broth- add salt, pepper and a garlic seasoning all to taste-- I let the gravy thicken up and then rethin with heave cream- then I add white vinegar to me liking, we like it with a zing but not overwhelming-- ok, so now that the gravy is made stir in the cooked bacon and onion--- so you are making enough gravy to fully cover and toss and cover the amount of potatoes you cooked, mix it all in but dont mash the potatoes--- pat it all down so its all in the grave, cover with foil and bake at 325 for 30 to 45 min or so

warm spiced red cabbage goes GREAT with this

Is she (the hen, not the care-taker-human) still skittish, or do they calm down at some point ;) in their old age ?

I shouldn't complain, 3 of my leghorns will "put up" with a forced cuddle from me, and the forth will let me get near if she is truly hurting which, thankfully, is not often. She is in henopause and sometimes has a rough night, so I get to hold her and stroke her head while she rests. But most days she is a little dart flying from one end of the coop to the other to avoid the human-caretaker's cuddles. (Aka: "me")

I keep picturing some well-meaning animal protection inspector seeing how this chicken behaves around me and then having me arrested since this poor hen is obviously being abused.

In summer when there is lots of open room for her to dart away from me, and she always takes it, I look at her and say: "I've never once been mean to you! Stop acting like I beat you up!" She just freezes when I get within 10 ft, and looks at me, trying to decide if she should run to her left or right to avoid contact. I should have named her Oliver Twist, (had I known) instead I named her Lavender. She is anything but calming.
No, they/ mine , leghorns, were all that way🤣

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom