Sit'n on the porch

d6f60bf9ffdc9c8c4121c30a31042e85.jpg

Good Morning, been up for quite a while.
I am canning cabbage today.
image_67239425 (1).JPG

Yesterday I weighed up the cabbage, 10lbs. I grew all but the 2 with red rubber bands.
image_16855553.JPG
got it all cut up and salted and it sat over night. I am doing my best to "just" follow the book, hahaha :sick After 4 hours the cabbage was getting limp--- I haven looked yet this morning,, it had better not be mush!
image_672394255.JPG
And I made the brine and let it set over night to let more of the spice flavor soak.
image_67191297.JPG

Jars are washed and boiled.
So everything is ready.

I'll feed the dogs, get dressed, and get BK and clean the kitchen and vacuum ??and get some laundry going,,
Then, get on the canning.

:cafOn a side note,, All week Mr. Cornelius Rooster! as wonderful as he is, has been going after the eldest chick, 10 weeks old to mate her. :eek: yes, she is almost as big as the adult hens but HOLY COW MR.! well , he got her just a bit ago,, I was her at the computer, and was horrified but there was nothing I could do at that point. She is fine,,,
I am wondering if it is just he wants to make sure she knows he is the boss??? a pecking order thing more than mating ?????

OK,, I am finally sitting down.
I made coffee way over an hour ago , ☕ and never got to it.
I got the spiced cabbage all done
image_16886017.JPG

and then took 3/4 cup of starter out of my sourdough image_67198977.JPG ,, refed it and made sourdough dough, dough.
image_67222529.JPG

It will sit all night and hopefully it will rise up like to should. If so I'll bake it off in the morning.
and I got my laundry put away.

I have some of that cheep'ish costco ravioli in the fridge, and I thawed out some ground pork. I think I'll cook up the meat, fresh zucchini and top the pasta with it and some mozzarella for dinner.

Back
Top Bottom