Sleep talking! Post your looniest statements...

This goes back to when I was a kid. My brother was older, he was about 14 or 15 at the time. About an hour or two after he went to bed, he would come out of his bedroom, asleep, but eyes open, and walk through the living room and into the kitchen with his arms straight down but out a distance from his sides. We would all still be up, and my mother would say, "Jim, what are you doing?" And he would say "Buckets! I have to carry the buckets!". She would steer him and his "buckets" back to his room. The really weird thing is that he did this at least several times a week for more than a year!! He had no chores or activities involving buckets and we never knew what it was in reference to.
idunno.gif

I remember quite vividly:

I was having a dream about getting ice cream at Braum's. My cousins were there. There was this hidden door with a round latch. We all pulled it and went down these stairs. We hear this screaming and maniacal laughing and see lightning bolts down there. We get to the bottom and see this mad man bringing a mummy back to life. The mummy spots us and starts chasing us. We run up the flight of stairs. All of a sudden, we can't get out to get back into Braum's. I help push my cousins to the top (they're older than me), but one of my cousins can't get up. We are both cringing and sitting on the ground as the mummy gets closer and she says "This can't be real!" And I said "Believe it! It's real!" That's when I woke myself up screaming.

Second time:
I had just started cashiering at Wal-Mart. I think it was the night I had started. I was dreaming I was at work. Everything was so real! I could even hear the cash registers! I finished one transaction and was doing the motions of cashiering. I said to the next guy "I'll help you when I wake up." I scared myself because I thought it was real and went "I am so sorry! I didn't..." Then I woke up. Weirdness.

I do have a video of my boyfriend snoring....it was just too funny not to get a video of it.

Quote:
There's an old Disney movie where Mickey Mouse takes a magical wand (I think?) and tries to get out of his chores by making a broom do it. The broom starts carrying buckets of water and dumping them on the floor. Then there are more and more brooms and buckets and water everywhere when the magician comes back and busts him.........that was the first thing that came to my mind reading about your brother.

Last edited:
oh my gosh this is so funny!

When my brother was about 4 he was caught sleep walking. he got out of bed, unlocked the door and went to the barn. When we found him he said he was "putting the chickens to bed" but instead had let about 30 head of cattle out and was in the process of trying to "feed" the horses some rocks. To say the least my Mom was flipping out. He was locked into his bedroom after that. Oh and the barnyard is about 500 feet from the house. I still don't understand how he didn't get trampled.

We still make fun of him over that one and he is 20 now.

My youngest sister has terrible insomnia and will go for weeks at a time and maybe get 6-8 hrs. PER WEEK, not per night. When she can afford a sleep medication, she does well for a month or so, then starts sleep walking and sleep talking. She walked into a door frame, cracked her nose and blacked both her eyes. More than one time her son has stopped her as she was going out the door with her car keys in her hand (still fully asleep, in her pajamas). She has gone into the kitchen, cooked something and eaten it, all without ever waking up. She also has RLS (restless leg syndrome) in a VERY strong way. When she was spending the night at my house once, she snapped her leg into the bedpost so hard it shook the whole bed and woke me from a sound sleep. She never flinched, and was totally unaware of it. Her husband refuses to sleep facing her for sheer self-defense
wink.png
When she was little, she had watched an episode of Sesame Street where the characters had goen to the zoo. When she went to bed that night she put her feet against the back of a chest of drawers that was at the foot of her bed and walked her feet up the chest going, "Zoo! Zoo! Zoo! Zoo!" One of my brothers was having a dream about "moon chickens". (Mom used to read aloud to us, and she'd been reading an adventure book called "Called On The Moon"). Carl was calling the moon chickens thus: "cluck cluck cluck PEEP! PEEP! PEEP!"
big_smile.png

When my DS was a ~year old, I woke up to hear him crying. I asked my DH to check on him, but the baby was not in his room, or the house. The back door was wiiiiide open--so the DH freaked out. The baby was all the way at the other end of the yard screaming---his fingers laced in the coop netting, shaking the coop door with all his might. His eyes were open, but he was NOT awake.

We put a bolt lock in that door the next morning.
hmm.png

Both boys had night terrors for a while, and I even posted here for some advice--Once I found the older one sleeping in the garage, under the truck.

DS1: favorites are trucks & cars.
DS2: favorites are the chickens.

Back
Top Bottom