Small egg in yard???

Google image of a turtle eggs-
1642296766472.png

Google image of Snowy Owl eggs-
1642296809762.png

Your egg looks quite round, seems like turtle eggs are that shape to? The owl eggs are more oval like normal.
With my little experience, I'm guessing turtle.

I still don't think its a turtle egg, and it might just be a small Muscovy egg, it could also be a sparrow egg or something. Those aren't illegal, are they?

Depends, check local and state laws. In AR the only birds not protected are feral pigeons, european starlings, and house sparrows due to being not native. Well I guess tame birds also but figured that would go without saying.
Makes it illegal to mess with any bird, active nest, or young. I'm not willing to memorize 1000s of birds eggs just to make sure it's ok to take it from the wild. I'm from the school of thought if in doubt let mother nature have it.

Sounds like it may have a tiny yolk. Fairy eggs can have some till, it's usually just not a fully developed one. I don't think it's a viable egg. If you're super curious and it doesn't smell you can give it a couple more days, but honestly I would be shocked to see anything happen.
Yes I am super curious :D I will give it a few more days. If nothing happens I want to break it open to see what is inside of it.

Ok! I won't wash it. The only ducks we have in that even go over there are muscovies. It's shell is hard, so if its a muscovy egg why is it so small? I really want to hatch it! :D
I have never owned Muscovy's, so I wouldn't know. It might not be a duck egg, thats just want it reminds me of since I see them every day. :p Maybe a new Muscovy layer?
It should keep for a little while as long as its no washed. Keep it in an area with out lots of excitement and fairly stable temperature until you find out!
How exciting!

Back
Top Bottom