So what if GMO corn causes cancer

Quote: I apologize, Kathy, I can't view video via dial up--I'm sure I'm missing something good. My point wasn't that berries and nuts were not GMO rather that they are better carb choices packed with more vitamins and antioxidents than grains. Grains are mostly calories via carbs with few vitamins. I'm choosing the foods with the better cancer fighting abilities.

On a tangential turn ~ I recently discovered Bountiful Gardens seed catalog and I believe they are doing a wonderful thing. They have a project of ecology action teaching people in different parts of the world to become self sustainable with "safe seeds". I do not believe they are out to make money as their cost of products reflects this. And their work around the world.

On a tangential turn ~ I recently discovered Bountiful Gardens seed catalog and I believe they are doing a wonderful thing. They have a project of ecology action teaching people in different parts of the world to become self sustainable with "safe seeds". I do not believe they are out to make money as their cost of products reflects this. And their work around the world.

Here's the thing. They can't sell GMO seeds unless they pay Monsanto a big royalty. So this "safe seed" thing is BS to make them sound earth friendly or something. It's a marketing thing. None of the seed companies sell GMO seed. You have to get that from Monsanto.

On another thought, I'm constantly amazed at how many people reject findings out of hand without even giving them serious consideration because they don't want to believe something.

Last edited:
They are saying they will not sell seed they suspect of wind contamination etc. Monsanto is far from the only company selling GMO seeds, and Monsanto allows other companies to use their technologies under certain circumstances. The big chemical/seed companies have been buying up all the smaller seed producers as well, so even if you are avoiding GMOs; buying seed for your veggie garden seed supports these industries. And make no mistake, Monsanto is a primarily a chemical company. Nothing on that little ad is green washing.

GMO's need more research...yes
GMO transfer genetic material outside genus, family, phylum and kingdom: yes
Conventional cross breeding does not transfer genetic material across genera, families, phylum and kingdom: yes
GMO crops can have great risks: yes
Conventional crops have healthier soil: yes

[]Here's the thing. They can't sell GMO seeds unless they pay Monsanto a big royalty. So this "safe seed" thing is BS to make them sound earth friendly or something. It's a marketing thing. None of the seed companies sell GMO seed. You have to get that from Monsanto.

On another thought, I'm constantly amazed at how many people reject findings out of hand without even giving them serious consideration because they don't want to believe something.

As far as the safe seed thing being BS~ I totally disagree with you. Organics and growing safer food started back in the 60's I believe when consumers became more and more concerned about the chemicals in their food and the health risks. It was first a grass roots developement and as it became more well known and in more demand people opened up business's and offerred this as an alternative. So, it was developed because of consumer demand.

(I have to post every once in a while or I will lose the whole thing :/) ~ People were noticing health problems and were linking it back to additives and chemicals in their food. A good example is autism and ADHD. Parent's that changed the diet of their children had good results~Flash Forward to 2012 and there are many companies now that will use (organic) etc on labelling((free range eggs)we all know are not in many cases)~by getting around the labelling rules in order to make money because organics and such are more in demand today. However, there are business and people who are very careful to, do it the right way when they offer wholesome foods,organic, and non gmos.

Now a days many more people are coming up with celiac disease. I have heard from some doctors that because of a certain gmo there is much more gluten in this particular wheat. It will take years to have a completely documented scientific paper on this. People who have celiac disease would definitely want to have a safe place to buy their food and seeds.

A seed company has to be certified to sell these seeds as non gmo and organic. And they have to do constant testing and specific growing methods. It is not all that easy when the main stream society offers few alternatives and supplies to people who want to grow organic.

It is also super super easy for cross contamination of seeds. This is why they need to be tested all the time.

Furthermore Monsanto has no trouble selling their seeds to third world countries where people are taken advantage of by this corporation. They get terminator seeds and round up ready seeds. This indentures these people. They spend all their money on the seeds, chemicals and cannot save seeds for the next year.
And their soil becomes more degraded each year.
Bountiful Gardens is helping people across the world to become self sustaining and make a bit of profit rather than be victims of a money making ploy by Large Corp.

Back
Top Bottom