someone dropped a tub of baby ducks on my porch - please help me

with 20 ducklings you could set up about 4 of these in the brooder it does help keep water from being wasted..
41679_duklingwaterer.jpg

Purina does make Duck Chow Starter if you are wondering what is best to feed them.

I did end up finding out they are domestic muscovy ducks.

I went to a couple feed stores none had duck specific food

Some great ideas on here about waterers so made a few changes and much less water everywhere.

So far the little guys are doing great. All active and eating and drinking so am happy.

Oh I do want a few muscovies, but 20 is way too many. LOL
If you are in my area I am going to be re-homing them in batches, you wouldn't need to take all 20. I already have someone to take about 5 of them and another person is taking another 5 once they are all ready.

And yup will get some pics up - took them all out in the yard for a little today, I though baby chicks in the grass was cute but watching those little guys waddle through the grass was really just darling : )

If you are in my area I am going to be re-homing them in batches, you wouldn't need to take all 20. I already have someone to take about 5 of them and another person is taking another 5 once they are all ready.

And yup will get some pics up - took them all out in the yard for a little today, I though baby chicks in the grass was cute but watching those little guys waddle through the grass was really just darling : )
Are you keeping any?

Awe, bless that box full of babies for finding you! :) good job getting all that info from the stickies. I have never kept Scovies, but I think I read someplace that Scovies are much more tolerant about not having a pond... Although I've had up to 18 ducks and no pond and done just fine. So I guess that's your call.

Now about the feed. I think many others may not agree with the way I feed my ducklings, but what I've always fed very young ducklings is 20% or greater. But not for a long time, ~2 wks. The extra protein should help them feather out quicker. Then you could drop your protein %.

Excellent thread here on feed for ducklings:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/515151/duckling-feed Please read there.
If you want 18%, do consider visiting Metzer's site, input your start % and what you choose to add (oats, corn, alfalfa, etc) then calculate to find the exact measurements you'll need.

IMO, you need not worry about medicated.

Back
Top Bottom