Someone has a cockadoodledoo! Help!

Motherofchickens85

In the Brooder
Apr 2, 2021
We bought 4 beautiful chicks back at Easter after our own didn’t hatch. There were kind of a pick and mix of spares from a mass breeder so we didn’t ask breeds. We were advised they were girls at the time but there would be a slight chance of woopsies.

This morning someone in the coop was trying their hardest to cockadoodledoo and we don’t know who.

Does anyone happen to know by appearance if these 4 ladies are in fact ladies and what breeds they are?

(1) Black/white one is Indi (because she is indicisive in her colouring).

(2) Tanned/Buff one is Anna (Frozen).

(3) White one is Elsa (Frozen also but I fear is Olaf really).

(4) The beautiful dark black/green girl is Mavis (Hotel Transilvania).

Thanks in advance for any advice on breeds or sex.

Lorraine x
284BFECA-E0A0-48F8-958C-A3955449FF0E.jpeg
C82BEDB5-B2C2-4874-A14B-6608693EBD95.jpeg
1C30DDF2-1EEE-42D7-BDC8-18D8C7CA140C.jpeg
CB8A64C4-8679-4F10-A089-2EAB3D9C4634.jpeg

I agree with the rest. All look like pullets. Maybe they're just getting their big girl voices. I've also heard that sometimes a female will take on a rooster-like role, even making similar noises at times.

By this time, there would be obvious differences between your pullets and cockerels, but these chickens all look very similar. Look like they should start laying soon too! Good luck!

All are pullets.

My guess is that these all originally came from TSC. The black and white one is an improperly marked Barred Rock. The "brown" one is a NHR, the white one is a Light Sussex, and the black one could be a couple things. My guess would be Black Australorp. What color are her foot bottoms?

We bought 4 beautiful chicks back at Easter after our own didn’t hatch. There were kind of a pick and mix of spares from a mass breeder so we didn’t ask breeds. We were advised they were girls at the time but there would be a slight chance of woopsies.

This morning someone in the coop was trying their hardest to cockadoodledoo and we don’t know who.

Does anyone happen to know by appearance if these 4 ladies are in fact ladies and what breeds they are?

(1) Black/white one is Indi (because she is indicisive in her colouring).

(2) Tanned/Buff one is Anna (Frozen).

(3) White one is Elsa (Frozen also but I fear is Olaf really).

(4) The beautiful dark black/green girl is Mavis (Hotel Transilvania).

Thanks in advance for any advice on breeds or sex.

Lorraine x
View attachment 2774388View attachment 2774389View attachment 2774391View attachment 2774392
You have a light sussex, a barred rock mix, a New Hampshire red, and a possible black sex link. They’re all pullets.

All are pullets.

My guess is that these all originally came from TSC. The black and white one is an improperly marked Barred Rock. The "brown" one is a NHR, the white one is a Light Sussex, and the black one could be a couple things. My guess would be Black Australorp. What color are her foot bottoms?
The black one isn’t an australorp, she has gold leakage on her neck and chest.

Back
Top Bottom