Someone Please Help!! Incubating Silkie Chickens

Zayan

Chirping
Oct 9, 2020
Hello everyone. I I am incubating 4 silkie chicken eggs and one hatched. It has now been 36hours and no other eggs have hatched yet. Its day 22. I candled them on day 18 and they were just fine. The one that hatched it chirping a lot and I think he needs to be moved to the brooder. However I don't want to move him because he jumped into the water compartment and now he's wet so I need to wait for him to dry. Do you guys have any advise for me please? Thanks.

You can move the chick if you want to. The chick is fine where it is for another day, but if you want to move it to 95 degree heat it will be fine. We often aid them in the drying process by holding them closer to the heat lamp for a few seconds: it does not take long. Either way the chick will be fine.

Thanks for the reply! And what about the other eggs? Is there a chance they are going to hatch? I don't want him to grow up alone

Yes, at least two is much better. It is possible that you could still get more at day 23. My hope after day 22 becomes thin, but sometimes we get surprised.

I say fill up the incubator and start another round.

Yes, at least two is much better. It is possible that you could still get more at day 23. My hope after day 22 becomes thin, but sometimes we get surprised.

I say fill up the incubator and start another round.
Yeah im gonna do that. Silkie eggs are a bit pricey but ig its worth it. Also since this chick will be 21 days older, will he attack the new born chicks?

Back
Top Bottom