Somewhat aggressive, tall-standing 1 and 1/2 week old Easter Egger chick. What does this mean?

BudgieKing15

Songster
Mar 29, 2020
Winston-Salem NC
I have a one and a half week old Easter Egger chick named Mikasa. Now, I know that this is far too young to tell gender. I just wanted to ask if their was a reason she is so bossy towards the other chicks, even though she is actually the smallest. She also stands very tall and acts different than any other chicks I've had, which were usually quiet and docile. Thoughts?
Thanks in advance.
(pic of her below)

Mikasa 2.jpg

There are times one is the "alfa" then you have your "shrinking violets" too. Some will say it's a cockerel but I've had bossy pullets. Being smaller, it could also be a defense move. Did you purchase "pullets" or a straight run?

There are times one is the "alfa" then you have your "shrinking violets" too. Some will say it's a cockerel but I've had bossy pullets. Being smaller, it could also be a defense move. Did you purchase "pullets" or a straight run?

I did wonder if it is because she is small. I got sexed pullets from Meyer Hatchery.

Back
Top Bottom