SOS I think my chick might have Cocci?

Something must have been very wrong for her to pass so suddenly. You did all of the right things. Big hugs :hugs I’m so sorry to hear that. She had the best life possible.
Thank you so much ❤️❤️ it is so hard to not think “I should’ve known sooner/should’ve done this differently” so your kind words are appreciated 😌 She was my favourite chicken so far so will be very missed 😔

Thank you so much ❤️❤️ it is so hard to not think “I should’ve known sooner/should’ve done this differently” so your kind words are appreciated 😌 She was my favourite chicken so far so will be very missed 😔
Don’t worry too much, dont think I need to monitor her 24/7. I lost my first chicken last month. I can still see her in her sisters. It only goes up from here, you did all you could. Some chickens are just born with bad insides, for lack of a better word. You can’t change her genes, so what could you have done? Nothing, except give her the best life you could.

Don’t worry too much, dont think I need to monitor her 24/7. I lost my first chicken last month. I can still see her in her sisters. It only goes up from here, you did all you could. Some chickens are just born with bad insides, for lack of a better word. You can’t change her genes, so what could you have done? Nothing, except give her the best life you could.
Yes you’re right, thank you again ❤️ It’s really nice to be able to talk to people who understand the loss of a chicken 😌 I see her in her sister as well and it is sad and nice at the same time

Hey everyone, I just could use one more piece of advice regarding Silva’s sister Zeno :) Well, we got them both together and they were the only two chicks we had at that time and so were very bonded to eachother… we have 6 other chickens but they are all 6 months old while Zeno is only 2. Her and Silva were slowly being introduced to the flock but are still very much outsiders and would get chased away by the bigger chickens. I figured they’d find their place as they got older and were big enough to stand up for themselves, and I wasn’t worried cause they had each other and would spend all day together foraging.

But I’m worried about Zeno being lonely now that her only companion died. She has been calling and looking for Silva a lot and it is breaking my heart :( do you guys think I should try to find another 2 month old pullet to keep her company?? In your experience would they even bond with each other? Or do you think she will be okay until she is old enough to integrate with the older chickens? I just hate to see her sad and lonely like this 😞
Sorry for all of the questions, I am just new to chickens and this has been rough 😔

Hey everyone, I just could use one more piece of advice regarding Silva’s sister Zeno :) Well, we got them both together and they were the only two chicks we had at that time and so were very bonded to eachother… we have 6 other chickens but they are all 6 months old while Zeno is only 2. Her and Silva were slowly being introduced to the flock but are still very much outsiders and would get chased away by the bigger chickens. I figured they’d find their place as they got older and were big enough to stand up for themselves, and I wasn’t worried cause they had each other and would spend all day together foraging.

But I’m worried about Zeno being lonely now that her only companion died. She has been calling and looking for Silva a lot and it is breaking my heart :( do you guys think I should try to find another 2 month old pullet to keep her company?? In your experience would they even bond with each other? Or do you think she will be okay until she is old enough to integrate with the older chickens? I just hate to see her sad and lonely like this 😞
Sorry for all of the questions, I am just new to chickens and this has been rough 😔
Keep up with the introducing, and when Zeno is as big as the other girls, she can join them.

Back
Top Bottom