Sour crop doesn't go away.

I can't seem to find any internal fungicide for livestock anywhere. Not even for cattle or goats. Will food grade copper sulfate work?
You need Nystatin and/or ketoconazole or fluconazole, all will need to be ordered.

For Nystatin, search for Medistatin.
For ketoconazole, search for ketoconazole for fish.
For fluconazole, search for fluconazole for fish.

You need Nystatin and/or ketoconazole or fluconazole, all will need to be ordered.

For Nystatin, search for Medistatin.
For ketoconazole, search for ketoconazole for fish.
For fluconazole, search for fluconazole for fish.
Okay where am I supposed to get that? You need a prescription. None of this is helping me. These medicines and techniques are either not available or not worth the time and money on one chicken out of many.

Thanks everyone but I think just gonna ride it out. If she dies she dies. It's probably an impacted crop from what I've discovered. No I'm not gonna massage her 4 times a day. I don't have time. And no I'm not going to spend 50 dollars on a bottle I'm going to use 1 or 2 times. I'll treat this and tomorrow something new will happen to the next one. I'm giving up and treating them like the livestock they are from now on.

Okay where am I supposed to get that? You need a prescription. None of this is helping me. These medicines and techniques are either not available or not worth the time and money on one chicken out of many.
All of those can be purchased without a prescription, but they aren't cheap, so probably not something you should invest in unless you are 100% sure it's a yeast infection.

All of those can be purchased without a prescription, but they aren't cheap, so probably not something you should invest in unless you are 100% sure it's a yeast infection.
That's what I mean. I really just don't know. All the symptoms people are talking about don't add up. It felt lime she had a hard lump in her crop. But I could be wrong. I really just don't know. I think it's impacted and that's why this is happening. I tried separating her and the roosters freaked out and where making a racket all day for 2 days straight. And the 3rd morning when I opened the cage to give her water she bolted and went back to the main coop. Just seems lime this is going to be too much. It's easy when the have worms or crd. You just give them medicine and bam it's gone. This is crazy.

:hugs I sense your frustration, so sorry.

• She's a young hen, so cancer is unlikely.
  • If she is pooping it means her crop is almost certainly not impacted.
  • If she were mine i would de-worm with Safeguard or Valbazen and treat for coccidiosis, weigh daily, and I would tube lots of fluids and maybe some mineral oil too.
Doing nothing or euthanasia are options too.

:hugs I sense your frustration, so sorry.

• She's a young hen, so cancer is unlikely.
  • If she is pooping it means her crop is almost certainly not impacted.
  • If she were mine i would de-worm with Safeguard or Valbazen and treat for coccidiosis, weigh daily, and I would tube lots of fluids and maybe some mineral oil too.
Doing nothing or euthanasia are options too.
Okay. So when you say mineral oil you mean what vets use? Should that be specifically what I use. I heard of using olive oil.

Back
Top Bottom