South Carolina

Quote:
That's the first I've seen anything about an "outbreak" of sorts. Of course, most of us know that there are possible risks of salmonella, but when it appears to have been tracked back to a particular hatchery...hmm.

I'll have to do some google searches for the Reuters report. Thanks for sharing!

Okay, here's a silly one. Please tell me that my dogs aren't the only idiot dogs in South Carolina living with chickens (misery loves company). I've been letting my chickens free range in the back yard about an hour or two before dark to break the monotony of being stuck in the run and so I can keep an eye on them from hawks and other critters. I've been disgusted with my Jack Russells lately (2 adults and 3 puppies) cause all they do is patrol behind the chickens to eat thier DROPPINGS!!! Kinda makes it a little repulsive to have them lick your face after seeing that. Talk about the possibilities for salmonella transmission...Arrgghhh!
barnie.gif
hu.gif
idunno.gif

Quote:
That's the first I've seen anything about an "outbreak" of sorts. Of course, most of us know that there are possible risks of salmonella, but when it appears to have been tracked back to a particular hatchery...hmm.

I'll have to do some google searches for the Reuters report. Thanks for sharing!

There is a thread on it under Breeders and Hatcheries now.

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
MINE DO THE SAME THING!!!
gig.gif

john i looked on craig list and saw a man has coronation sussex chicks for sale. he also has royal palm turkey poults. i tried to talk him into bringing what he has for sale.i am sure he could get rid of what he has. i would like some coronation sussex, if he could come to the swap meet. i will pm you his phone number if you would like he is from aiken close to you

Quote:

There is a thread on it under Breeders and Hatcheries now.

Wow~ Yea they named the hatchery in the Reuters article but not fox news hmmmm.... I'm not a fox fan anyways they could care less about the people, it's all about big buisness and corporations on their network. Why would they hide the names of the companies that are linked to an outbreak~ especially after it's been confirmed. I'm glad they started the thread. There is so many diseases being spread especially through Produce!!! I'm so glad I started a garden this year I would like to get to a point I wouldn't need to buy produce from the store. Maybe one day! But atleast we will have our own eggs and produce soon to come! Thanks for sharing the link~ I had no idea that happened
big_smile.png

Quote:
Ahhhh! The joys of house dogs!
sickbyc.gif

I would not know if Jolie scarfed some up or not. She has too much to choose from and I think by now she is probably tired of chicken poo, duck butter, horse apples, Guinea Pig pez, etc.
gig.gif

Okay question for all of you that get hatching eggs mailed to you......

How old do you expect "fresh" eggs to be?
When a buyer told me fresh, I expected within 3 days, no more than 4 days, before being sent out.

And no, they were not here in SC. They came from across the US and were not purchased here on BYC either.

Just would like your take on it.

I always find it odd how large dogs are afraid of storms but my little dogs aren't? send some rain my way.. Im in real need down here.. pasture is getting crunchy I don't want to have to buy all summer too...

smiles to everyone... )O(

Pink

Back
Top Bottom