South Florida Predators?

@cvlcite - Neighboring state up in Alabama, I still say be very aware of predators. A piece of advice, just because you are in city limits doesn't mean you won't have coyote or fox or something like that. Obviously, take precaution against dogs/cats as well. But from experience, I've been driving through a major city neighborhood at dusk and had an actual coyote run out in front of my vehicle.

Some years ago I was going to the post office in town to pick up some chicks and I saw a fox run across the road as I was pulling into the post office. We have friends that live on the edge of their town with a lot of houses and neighbors and they were seeing coyotes in their back yard on a regular basis. Predators are everywhere and they don't care if you live in the city or the country. They find a niche. Many roam more at night when there is less activity.

I went to a lumber store earlier today (in the big city) and in the parking lot overhead was a big beautiful hawk. I have never seen one that close and it was flying around in the parking lot. I was shocked really. They normally stay far away from humans I thought.

I went to a lumber store earlier today (in the big city) and in the parking lot overhead was a big beautiful hawk. I have never seen one that close and it was flying around in the parking lot. I was shocked really. They normally stay far away from humans I thought.
When I lived in Tampa, mid suburb, I remember seeing a hawk take a squirrel not a meter away from me on the sidewalk in broad daylight, so they are definitely urban.

Thanks I bought one. There's a 15% discount on that one right now. Who is the manufacturer of yours, if I may ask?
I already have a Bushnell, Browning and Nasco and I really don't like any of them. I also have a Tend camera which I love for live action just to watch the birds inside their coop :pop.

Last edited:
They are all different companies but all are identical. I look quite often to see if I can find a good deal on them. The last 3 I bought were $32.95 each. A real bargain. My first camera I bought I paid about $100. and it is identical. I did a lot of research because I had bought some cameras in the past and though they take good daytime pictures the nighttime pictures weren't good and where I live most of the predators lay low during the day and roam at night. I can post some pictures to show the differences.

They are all different companies but all are identical. I look quite often to see if I can find a good deal on them. The last 3 I bought were $32.95 each. A real bargain. My first camera I bought I paid about $100. and it is identical. I did a lot of research because I had bought some cameras in the past and though they take good daytime pictures the nighttime pictures weren't good and where I live most of the predators lay low during the day and roam at night. I can post some pictures to show the differences.
Yeah I had never heard of that company. Yes please, I would love to see the different ones.
I hardly got anything on my camera but a blurry raccoon or fox. Although once there was this big huge white dog? and it was out at about 3am, so wondered if it was a dog or not. But that's how bad my cameras were, so I just stopped using them.

Does the Trend camera require AC like the Wyze cameras do?
Yes the Tend has to have an outlet, but it works great, and it has a very, very long cord. I know the Arlo's run off batteries though and they are very similar to the Tend camera. The Arlo Pro has a solar battery as an optional accessory.

Back
Top Bottom