Southeast Pennsylvania eight chickens need rehoming

jaxsteph

In the Brooder
May 10, 2015
Just as my hens are about ready to lay we have had a series of disasters that are forcing me to give them up. I live in Avondale, Pennsylvania--on the border of Hockessin, Delaware right next to Kennett Square. Any bedding and food will go along with them, although a donation wouldn't be refused. All of our chickens get along wonderfully with each other, have had no health problems, no mites, lice, parasites, etc. They are friendly and well socialized. Breeds: 2 Buff Orpingtons, 2 white Silkies, 2 Ameraucaunas, 1 Leghorn, and 1 D'Uccle Mille Fleur. The first ones should be ready to start laying in about two weeks.

I don't want these chickens to end up as someone's dinner. Please don't take them if you are going to eat them. We have become very attached, and this is a terribly difficult decision to make. It would help us to know that they will live out their lives with people who will love, appreciate, and enjoy them.

Hi jaxsteph,
Please ignore the previous message I sent (cmyere). My username was messed up and I changed it by using a different email address. Anyway, I was wondering how far from Hamburg, PA you are. I am interested in expanding my flock. I currently have 8 Hubbard Browns and 1 Rhode Island Red, all of which are laying. I would like chickens that are close to laying, about a month or closer.

Thanks!
"Cmyers"

I replied to your message--you're not too far from me.
smile.png

Hi. Are you still needing a home for your hens? I am in Chester County and am looking for more hens. We are vegetarians so we never eat our chickens! I would be glad to provide you with a lot more info and pics of our coop, etc.
Thanks,
Ali

Hi Ali,

Yes, we do still need a home for our chickens, although we have had a number of offers that we're trying to work through. It's tough to decide who would be the best fit for our girls! I LOVE that you're vegetarians-haha-definitely puts our minds at ease about them becoming someone's dinner! I would love to know where in Chester County you are (you are probably pretty close to us) and see some pic's of your coop. How many other birds do you have?

Also, one of ours is a D'Uccle so she will not be much of a layer. She's a funny little thing, but is the most friendly of all of our birds--frequently perching on our arm and squawking at us. She hates being alone, so she needs to go with the rest of her girlfriends. I just want to be sure we're being really honest with everyone. :)

Anyway, thanks for your interest. I look forward to hearing more.

-Jacqueline

Hi again Ali,

I just wanted to let you know that we ended up settling with someone this morning for our girls. I so appreciate you considering them, and wish you luck on finding new additions for your flock!

-Jacqueline

Back
Top Bottom