Southern 101---Explanation of all things Southern

pop.gif

There are two Souths: The Redeck one and the Genteel one.
Most folks are a mix of both, but the Redneck one is more represented by the media.

When a tornado hits, they WILL find the person with the fewest teeth and dirtiest hair to explain what it was like.

I am willing to explain stuff if i can. I know there are Texan Stereotypes so if you want the reality on some of those i can try. Bring on the questions please!

I believe it's Chondra Pierce who, in her own inimitable way, says: "in the South, you can say anything you want to about somebody as long as you follow it with 'Bless her/his heart...'"
lau.gif
tongue2.gif

Quote:
Um, I didn't know that it was. Around here if I were to ask my friends if they wanted a coke they'd say "No, i only drink sprite (or Dr.Pepper or whatever)"

Yes. It's all Coke.
Pepsi is not Southern. Coke's center is Atlanta, Georgia. Pepsi's center is in New York (I think). Since southern > northern, everything is coke.

Unless it's an RC. Which goes great with Moon Pies. But that's another topic.

Some of the stereotypes are close to accurate, but most folks (not just southerners) resent being boxed into a stereotype.

Quote:
Maybe for the same reason my friends from up North call all carbonated beverages "pop"

It's actually called Pop because of Faygo, a beverage made and distributed in Detroit Mi......

Back
Top Bottom