Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

I'm looking at the pawhut delux Bacardi chicken coop with run as a starter and ill modify it.... Anyone have any experience with this?
It looks really nice! What breed(s) are the chickens? It looks a little small, so if you had, lets say 3 BO's or BR's, it looks a little tight. If they can free range-it looks great! for a smaller full size chicken, like a red production it looks like a perfect fit.

Plus, once you have the girls, Chicken addiction rears it's ugly head and you find yourself doing chicken math...

So, no more hatching so far. I'll leave the eggs under them until tomorrow night, but then I'm leaving for Indian Island on Sunday morning, so I'm going to have to pull them.

My tenant will be cat/bird/chicken sitting, as she does for all my camping trips. Danny will also be coming home at least one day during the week, so I don't worry about leaving everyone.

I'll take more pictures today..

Welcome Diane. Just be careful about anything used if it had birds in it..
Disinfect it well with bleach or I have a product called Oxine that is great. I can make up a small bottle and run it out to you.

Morning all,

Ann, I can't believe you raise the babies then send them on there way. But i know what you mean with one more thing to do.I know there up by your mom, but I raised 3 separate groups of chicks, this year one hatch and two day olds and man is it work and messy. Do you do it as science projects.
I go to agway in riverhead for feed and straw.

I'm seriously thinking of the tailgate swap in Amenia . I'll keep you guys posted.

Stay cool today everyone.
Welcome again all you newbies

I think agways sometimes have coops in store.

One of the eggs in my incubator hatched. I'm shocked cause the eggs where lost in the mail for a week. Then the broody pooped all over them. I took them from the broody a week ago when I gave her chicks from the broody that quit. Now I don't know what to do with the chick. Will one if the moms accept it if I sneak it in their best at night or no? All the other chicks are a week old. Ugh.

Morning all,

Ann, I can't believe you raise the babies then send them on there way. But i know what you mean with one more thing to do.I know there up by your mom, but I raised 3 separate groups of chicks, this year one hatch and two day olds and man is it work and messy. Do you do it as science projects.
I go to agway in riverhead for feed and straw.

I'm seriously thinking of the tailgate swap in Amenia . I'll keep you guys posted.

Stay cool today everyone.
Welcome again all you newbies

I do miss having my morning chats with the girls, but I do get up to see them lots in the summer. They definitely have the life up there; I can't free range here ( between my hunter cat and my citified neighbors its a bad idea all around).
You sound like the group who will get a kick out of this but not think I'm looney... Gotta bring my newbie flock with me for a visit to " the farm" next week. Chickie road trip! :) will set up a temporarary coop up there and they and their future flock mates can eyeball each other through the fence.

I bought that coop brand new. These are the girls.....

And

Brooklyndiane, what gorgeous girls! We have a Pawhut coop-- and we love it! So incredibly easy to clean, keep and maintain.

Rosie- I. am. in. love. with. LOVEY!
love.gif
What a gorgeous girl she is! I'm glad she's okay from the dog bite on her back. She's a good Mama, too. Those chicks are adorabkle!

I do miss having my morning chats with the girls, but I do get up to see them lots in the summer. They definitely have the life up there; I can't free range here ( between my hunter cat and my citified neighbors its a bad idea all around).
You sound like the group who will get a kick out of this but not think I'm looney... Gotta bring my newbie flock with me for a visit to " the farm" next week. Chickie road trip! :) will set up a temporarary coop up there and they and their future flock mates can eyeball each other through the fence.[/quot

This group thinking anything chicken related is looney.....
The sane ones make crochet chicken bras to carry around their single babies in....
We blame Al ,he started this crazy site and we love him for it.....

Back
Top Bottom