Special Needs Duckling

Vet Rx is a natural decongestant that can be given straight to the duckling/chick or can be put in their water.  We put about 6 or 7 drops in each of their water bowls.  I swear by it!  I used it for a week, and all of my chicks and ducklings cleared up.  They all had some sort of sinus issue.  The hatchery that we got them from, didn't seem to produce very healthy birds.  We won't be going back to it.

I'm glad that your baby is clearing up!  I would keep using it for at least a couple of more days.  I kept trying to "stop" and the clicking noise would come back.

What hatchery did you use?

Our ducks came from Metzer. They have been very supportive with this and apologized for sending a duck that had a deformed bill. They offered a replacement but I wanted to see how she did first so I'm giving it this weekend to see how she fares.

We got them from MeMe's Poultry in Alabama. We drove there, so we could hand pick our babies. I hand picked 5 ducklings, but 1 didn't make it. We also lost a chick as well. :( They all were "stuffy" when we got them.

Good morning, my duck lost her quack. It happened in October and we took her to the vet. He gave her antibiotics that we had to give her for 21 days. It made her miserable. We had to squirt it down her throat with a syringe but she got her quack back. She's lost her quack again and I was wondering if the VetRx would help her, I don't want her to go through that again if I can help it.
I'm not sure, but I think it's definitely worth a shot!

Crackers & Polo

We started all the ducks on Duramyacin tonight at a low dose, 1/2 teaspoon per 1 gallon. Winnie (with the wonky beak) was still having some trouble breathing, and Millie (previously healthy) developed a persistent sneeze and some whistling. Our vet recommended we try this to see if it helps for now. Fingers crossed we get this all under control. It's taking an emotional toll on me, I was really hoping they would all be healthy.
1f614.png

We started all the ducks on Duramyacin tonight at a low dose, 1/2 teaspoon per 1 gallon. Winnie (with the wonky beak) was still having some trouble breathing, and Millie (previously healthy) developed a persistent sneeze and some whistling. Our vet recommended we try this to see if it helps for now. Fingers crossed we get this all under control. It's taking an emotional toll on me, I was really hoping they would all be healthy.
1f614.png

I hope they all get better too. Is Duramyacin an anti biotic?

Back
Top Bottom