Speckled Sussex vs. Partridge Rock chicks??

Quote:
The other was MM.

The Ideal batches were more varied in coloration but over all better performers.

Ideal I have purchased from repeatedly. And will add a few from them this year with my order of black broilers.

I'm working barreds and Delawares into the line this year and will raise one or two groups of chicks from this group of PR's, take their best progeny, make a LOT of chicken dinners and move on to the next phase.

I'll add in HQ BQ and SQ birds as I find them. And so far that's my adventure in Partridge. LOL oh yeah and the gray or blue partridge sizzle now here. Chuckle. Silly little bird.

13263_sizzles_and_delawares_013.jpg

I realize that this is a really old thread, but I had this same question and went searching for the answer. From what I gleaned from this thread and others I skipped around I think I have this down correctly (someone correct me if I am wrong).

For future reference for others here is what my two different types of chicks look like because base color they do look a lot alike and were the same size for my group I ordered so I spent time trying to figure out which one was which.

Sorry the color is a little off, I tried to correct for the red light. The main difference I noticed in telling mine apart was the white apron type marking on the Speckled's back.

Back
Top Bottom