True. Our day is their night and vice versa lol

Northern and Southern Hemispheres don’t really have anything to do with the time. The reason America is so far behind from the rest of the world is because it’s far to the west. That’s why the reason New Zealand is so far ahead in time is because we’re off to the east. Like parts of Western Australia have the same zone as China despite China being far north.

Our first chicks are scheduled to hatch April 22.
We've got 2 Austra Whites, 2 GL Wyandottes, and 2 Golden Buffs coming that are going to be backyard chickens :)
I wanted to get Easter Eggers or Olive Eggers, but based on what I read online they wouldn't be good for our situation.

I also added 3 Ranger Broilers because I wanted to see how I felt with processing meat chickens. I'm just raising these with the laying hens for 12-15 weeks and not worrying too much about rate of growth/feed conversion/etc as it's just for my own education. I got rangers because the rangers act like chickens that just happen to put meat on faster. I get depressed whenever I see videos of the cornish cross lol.
Cog Hill Family Farm has a video of both breeds together and you can see the contrast really well.

If it goes well though I'll be building a dedicated tractor for meat chickens to run over our garden plots at our farm.

WE are gonna get three or four more! I love Meyer Hatchery and have gotten several from there, I like their extra free "mealmaker" chick, and all the variety! Plus it's a fun day to just go there and maybe get some from the store bin too. The only thing that I'm disappointed with at Meyer is that the past two times we've gotten "all pullets" from there, we've gotten at least one rooster, and, in the last order, two, roosters. They do make it good if that happens, but geesh, I don't want any more roosters! I think this spring I'm gonna get them from our feed mill locally. THEY are starting their chick days in February, which I think is too early..but we'll see what they have! Never fails to be exciting..it's like Christmas morning, getting new chickies!

My chicks will be here first week of March! Can’t wait for my fluff butts to get here! Ordered two more EE’s, couple assorted white layers, a Golden and a silver laced Wyandotte, midnight majesty maran, starlight green Egger, sapphire olive Egger, and a white crested blue polish. Was trying to add some much needed color to my egg basket full of brown eggs

Ordered from Cackle about a month ago.
40 ISA browns
20 white leghorns,
6 turkens
and 10 BB white turkeys.. Suppose to come on the 15th :woot:woot

I also ordered a whole bunch of hatching eggs,
20+ Tolbunt polish (Frizzled & smooth)
10+ Cream crested legbars
15 call duck eggs (Which i've just set in the incubator~)
and 6+ lavender orpington eggs~
Will be setting them on the 10th :jumpy:jumpy

Plan on getting some emu chicks very soon too~!

Do you mean dark as in night time?
Yes. Our day is your night. Most people here in America are on during the day. By the time you get to day we are all sleeping. I think. :) I don't know why I said northern hemisphere, that has to do with seasons. It was late here. :idunno

Ordered from Cackle about a month ago.
40 ISA browns
20 white leghorns,
6 turkens
and 10 BB white turkeys.. Suppose to come on the 15th :woot:woot

I also ordered a whole bunch of hatching eggs,
20+ Tolbunt polish (Frizzled & smooth)
10+ Cream crested legbars
15 call duck eggs (Which i've just set in the incubator~)
and 6+ lavender orpington eggs~
Will be setting them on the 10th :jumpy:jumpy

Plan on getting some emu chicks very soon too~!
:eek:

Back
Top Bottom