Pics
I was always looking at the chicks on line, and had not ordered since about 10 years ago, and finally ordered some in Jan. Here is when they arrived. I may have taken some out at this point...
meyerzzz.PNG
I ordered 30 got 2 extras,
2 blue andelusians, 2 barred rocks, one meal maker girl and 26+1 Fry pan bargains, almost 1/2 are female. :) All 32 were alive, and 5.5 weeks later they are all still alive. It was cold when they arrived, and you can see they still look cold in this box, there wasn't a heat pad.

Ordered from Cackle about a month ago.
40 ISA browns
20 white leghorns,
6 turkens
and 10 BB white turkeys.. Suppose to come on the 15th :woot:woot

I also ordered a whole bunch of hatching eggs,
20+ Tolbunt polish (Frizzled & smooth)
10+ Cream crested legbars
15 call duck eggs (Which i've just set in the incubator~)
and 6+ lavender orpington eggs~
Will be setting them on the 10th :jumpy:jumpy

Plan on getting some emu chicks very soon too~!

Wow! Awesome.

I'm getting 2 Silver Spangled Appenzeller spitzhauben because they are so pretty and I love the name, 2 Buckeyes in honor of my step-father, 2 barnvelders, 2 silver laced Wyandottes and one Splash Marans. I'm going to get black copper Marans from my feed store when they come in.
Oooh, I want Buckeyes too, and Wyandottes, and I would love Barnevelders too, and also Dominiques. Tried and true.

First shipment got here Thursday morning from Hoover's, second order will be here first week of March from Valley Farms and third order will be here end of April from Northstar Poultry. Too many breeds to list. When all said and done I will have bought/ordered 116 chicks in 2019. 30 are broilers so 8 weeks after they arrive I will be down to ONLY 86.

Yes planning my trip to get Spring chicks on Feb 16th!!:yaHeaded over to Land O'Lakes to Holloways and I can't wait I feel like a kid at Christmas :love The plan right now for my flock is Welsummers, RIR's, Barred Rocks and maybe some Australorps :) Just can't decide if I want to bring home a rooster or not with them since they will be free ranging part of the time....:idunnoIt doesn't matter either way just can't wait:wee:jumpy

I ordered my first chicks from Meyer last July and my hens are finally starting to lay from that group. Silver spangled hamburg, speckled sussex, dominique, golden cuckoo marans and golden laced wyandotte. All have been great and I was pleasantly surprised at how dark the eggs from my cuckoo marans are. I had ordered welsummers but they didn't hatch as many as they thought they would and let me replace with the cuckoo marans for no charge. My speckled sussex are my favorite breed so far and I actually ordered sussex hatching eggs from a private breeder and hatched out my first eggs in January. Sussex chicks are doing good! I will be putting black copper marans and cream legbar eggs in the incubator Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom