Pics
I have my new flock in the brooder now, 1 EE, 2 SF and assorted bantams, 15 in all. I still hope to find a couple female Polish.
My Grumpy Old men live in the woodpile.

You have a nice property. Do you ever get predators being that close to woods? Love the wrestling cats. :)

You have a nice property. Do you ever get predators being that close to woods? Love the wrestling cats. :)
Our dogs are the biggest predators and an occasional opossom. It appears that the armints only like the taste of birds that don't fight back. Rooster and ducks survive very well, hens..not so much.

My new coop and run are built to live up to the name, FORT FLOCKS..
51575823_10211377714793349_8641071318734733312_o.jpg

I have my new flock in the brooder now, 1 EE, 2 SF and assorted bantams, 15 in all. I still hope to find a couple female Polish.
My Grumpy Old men live in the woodpile.

I love all the animals!! So cute!! And you have a lovely property too. LOVE that pet barn!!!

Our dogs are the biggest predators and an occasional opossom. It appears that the armints only like the taste of birds that don't fight back. Rooster and ducks survive very well, hens..not so much.

My new coop and run are built to live up to the name, FORT FLOCKS.. View attachment 1698200

Nice coop!

i desperately miss the coop I built in Iowa. leaving it behind is my only regret of moving to the Ozarks. It was awesome.

WOW that is one amazing coop!!!

Hi @KDDOGG331. Sorry about your dog. I lost my little dog recently as well. She passed shortly after her 15th birthday. Hoping to get another dog but right now I have a lot going on. I ordered 4 BR's from my local farm store. Tomorrow is pickup day. They will be hanging out in my sunroom for a few weeks before I move them to the coop. The chicken coop door took a beating from all the ice we have had this winter I'm hoping for enough thawing today so I can make repairs. Also adding a bachelor pad to the coop to give my rooster a time out from the ladies. Then it's off to prepping for Spring planting. I think the new chicks will be a nice diversion. Good luck with your flock.

Hi @KDDOGG331. Sorry about your dog. I lost my little dog recently as well. She passed shortly after her 15th birthday. Hoping to get another dog but right now I have a lot going on. I ordered 4 BR's from my local farm store. Tomorrow is pickup day. They will be hanging out in my sunroom for a few weeks before I move them to the coop. The chicken coop door took a beating from all the ice we have had this winter I'm hoping for enough thawing today so I can make repairs. Also adding a bachelor pad to the coop to give my rooster a time out from the ladies. Then it's off to prepping for Spring planting. I think the new chicks will be a nice diversion. Good luck with your flock.

Thank you!! And sorry to hear about your dog as well! Always hard losing them. And yes, I am somewhat in the same boat. Want another one but no time atm and plus I don’t think I am ready yet. And of course hard to figure out what kind. Nice!!! I love my Barred Rock! She is one of my favorites. I am excited for my Partridge Rock to get here. :D and all the others. And how exciting pick up is so soon! Good luck with fixing the door!! And the other building project. And nice! Sounds like you are keeping busy!! Always good to stay busy. As long as it’s not too busy! :D What are you planting?? It sounds like they will be!! And thank you, you too!!

Anyone getting spring chicks this year!? I placed my order about a week and a half ago and I am impatiently waiting! Lol I am getting 5 chicks from Meyer Hatchery with a hatch date of April 29th and I am so excited!!! We already have 7 chickens from Meyer Hatchery and I love them. They just turned 3 in October. I am excited to meet the new little babies. April can’t come soon enough! Lol

We currently have 1 Barred Rock, 2 Black Australorps, 2 Buff Orpingtons, and 2 Easter Eggers.

The new chicks are one each of Speckled Sussex, Delaware, Easter Egger, White Leghorn, and Partridge Rock.

Sooo excited. :D

Anyone else getting chicks this spring!?
I incubate 10 times and each time holds 25 eggs. 10 x 25 = 250 chickens a year (which I sell and I keep some, so I get on average 20 chickens for me per year, and 24 roos to eat a year)

Back
Top Bottom