Pics
20190314_075143.jpg

Oops, I did it again.........:wee

I incubate 10 times and each time holds 25 eggs. 10 x 25 = 250 chickens a year (which I sell and I keep some, so I get on average 20 chickens for me per year, and 24 roos to eat a year)

Nice! That’s a lot of chickens!! I wish I could hatch that much!! I just got my incubator the other day though so I am going to start hatching quail soon :D

I put more eggs in my incubator yesterday. My first hatch is due in 11 days. I moved birds around a month ago into breeding pens. Hopefully some of the eggs I put in the incubator yesterday are fertile. A few months ago, I put females I wanted to use as breeders into a clean-out coop and pen with no male. Last month I put the females with the males I wanted them to breed with. I just started collecting eggs from them. I had a few coops already with the male and females I wanted eggs from which those eggs are the ones due to hatch first. I'm putting a rack of eggs a week in the incubator. I have separate hatchers so the humidity is not an issue.
This was awhile ago, a hatch I did for a friend.
IMG_2968.JPG

View attachment 1701288
Oops, I did it again.........:wee
Whatcha got in that big happy box 'O chicks?

I got my order from Cackle this morning.
I ordered:
3 Siliver Laced Polish
2 Silver Spangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben
5 Splash Silkies
5 Marans (or what they call female dark brown assortment which is usually mixed marans and/or Barnevelder)

So 2 were DOA a polish and a silkie
When I unboxed I had 3 additional very weak ones 2 polish and 1 maran, I warmed them gave them water with sav-a-chick and even tried giving them some nutridrench but they didn't make it.

But it looks like they sent several extras.

I still have one polish that is doing well and I think i still have 4 or maybe even 5 marans. I know I saw two wheaten marans and 2 more blackish ones which if I had to guess are cockoo and maybe french black. Unfortunately the one I lost looked like French Black Copper Maran. Im letting them warm up under the brooder so Ill do a count and take pictures later. Also Im pretty sure they sent extra silkies too and all the spitzhauben seem to be doing good.

I've never had silkies before but they seem needy, always crying and cannot find their way back under the brooder on their own???

I put more eggs in my incubator yesterday. My first hatch is due in 11 days. I moved birds around a month ago into breeding pens. Hopefully some of the eggs I put in the incubator yesterday are fertile. A few months ago, I put females I wanted to use as breeders into a clean-out coop and pen with no male. Last month I put the females with the males I wanted them to breed with. I just started collecting eggs from them. I had a few coops already with the male and females I wanted eggs from which those eggs are the ones due to hatch first. I'm putting a rack of eggs a week in the incubator. I have separate hatchers so the humidity is not an issue.
This was awhile ago, a hatch I did for a friend.
View attachment 1702059

Good luck with your hatches!! I like the idea of staggered hatches and having chickies hatch every week! :D

And that is a VERY cute bin of chicks!! :D :love

Whatcha got in that big happy box 'O chicks?

I got my order from Cackle this morning.
I ordered:
3 Siliver Laced Polish
2 Silver Spangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben
5 Splash Silkies
5 Marans (or what they call female dark brown assortment which is usually mixed marans and/or Barnevelder)

So 2 were DOA a polish and a silkie
When I unboxed I had 3 additional very weak ones 2 polish and 1 maran, I warmed them gave them water with sav-a-chick and even tried giving them some nutridrench but they didn't make it.

But it looks like they sent several extras.

I still have one polish that is doing well and I think i still have 4 or maybe even 5 marans. I know I saw two wheaten marans and 2 more blackish ones which if I had to guess are cockoo and maybe french black. Unfortunately the one I lost looked like French Black Copper Maran. Im letting them warm up under the brooder so Ill do a count and take pictures later. Also Im pretty sure they sent extra silkies too and all the spitzhauben seem to be doing good.

I've never had silkies before but they seem needy, always crying and cannot find their way back under the brooder on their own???
Oh, sounds like they had a rough trip....hopefully the extras arent a bunch of males:oops:.
This order was from hoovers.....silver laced polish, spitzhauben, marans("midnight majesty"...a hybrid type so.....), saphire olive Eggers (blue plumage, possible partial crests), prairie bluebell Eggers (araucana/leghorn hybrid), white leghorn, salmon faverolle and speckled Sussex. The leghorns, bluebells and half the marans were for a lady that ordered with me.
Everyone arrived okay except one marans.....tried intensive care, but she never bounced back.
The polish and spitzhauben are for my sister....so theyll go down there when they are coop ready.

Back
Top Bottom