SSS...and then bury it deeper? Did anyone see this??

Quote:
Actually, they do protect pets. Thats the reason why they shot your dog. To protect his pets. And they arent just "some chickens". Its your fault he got out.

My grandpa had a shot gun that had rock salt in the shells first time a dog came over trying to go after the chickens or cows he got sent away with a butt full of rock salt that was the only warning anyone had next time the dog came onto the farm it was shot most times the dogs never came back weather the owner figured it out or the dog was smart enough to avoid granpa's farm I am not sure but that is what he did and he never lost an animal to a dog attack so it worked for him. I think I would give the owner at least one chance to fix the problem then the next time it would SSS and make sure it was deep my question is why were they digging up to find the dog someone must have said something or saw something.

We all know that there are 2 kinds of dog owners. Those that care about their animals as well as the welfare and property of others and the other kind. We can't change that and just have to make the best decisions that we can. Personally I'll cut an animal some slack but my wife is visually impaired and any aggressive dog in my yard is fair game.

ETA. It seems to me that the law falls on the side of "Productive livestock" rather than "Beloved pet".

Last edited:
It appears to me, and I may be wrong, but the ones who are loudest in defense of the chicken/livestock killing dogs are...............guilty of letting their own roam free. Their "MY-dog-would-never" will probably end up as someones opportunity to practice their SSS skills.

When did pets get this exhalted status?? They are ANIMAL not human, they do NOT have human emotion or feeling. Too many people place their pets on a level they have no place being.
"come to mommy sweetie" "go to daddy dearie".

Call me that dogs Dad and theres going to be harsh words. And my wife? The official word would be **tch. MY wife is NOT a *itch!!and she's NOT that dogs "mommy"!!
But she WILL shoot YOUR chicken killing dog if she absolutley has to in defense of whats ours.

Last edited:
Rocky was shot in the street

Did anybody catch this in the story? If that is true then the shooter was in the wrong.

We had some people move in down the street a couple years back and they thought they could just let their dog run loose. I stopped in one day and asked if that was their dog and would they keep it off our property. They said "the dog gets out and they can't control it." My parting reply "was you might want to figure a way because the next time I see it on our property I will control it" . I was just straight to the point and it worked..... For some reason they don't wave anymore though.
smile.png

Steve​

Quote:
Did anybody catch this in the story? If that is true then the shooter was in the wrong.

We had some people move in down the street a couple years back and they thought they could just let their dog run loose. I stopped in one day and asked if that was their dog and would they keep it off our property. They said "the dog gets out and they can't control it." My parting reply "was you might want to figure a way because the next time I see it on our property I will control it" . I was just straight to the point and it worked..... For some reason they don't wave anymore though.
smile.png
Steve

I have the same problem. But their dogs STAY home!! If that makes ME the bad guy so be it.

I take offense at the the whole SSS thing. If you catch a dog killing or hunting or whatever to your birds, absolutely defend them, and if you have to shoot them, fine. But, if you have done the legal and legit thing of defending your livestock, then you dont have to HIDE it, do you? by burying it and not telling anyone, you are acting guilty and as if you have something to hide.

Defend your livestock, shoot and WOUND a dog caught in the act, then send it home to its owners. That is all the warning they should need, and they get thier 'beloved pet' back, and you dont have to defend yourself, cause you are legally within your rights.

shoveling and shutting up is cowardly and leads to this kind of neighborly bickering. If your aim is so bad that you cant wound it, and it dies, oh well. The point is the owners KNOW where thier animal is and why.

It is your legal right to defend your livestock, it is also your responsibility to report the incident to the police and have them handle your neighbors. Use the system to your advantage, dont make things worse by looking and behaving in a guilty fashion.

Can someone please help me??!!!!?? I started reading this thread an hour ago and now I'm sooooooo far out in the weeds I can't find my way back to the index!!!
th.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
pop.gif

Wow!! What a magnificant journey some of these threads are!!! Glad to see the freedom of opinion is alive and well on BYC!!
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom