Stella's Social Club

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by The Sheriff, Jul 18, 2012.

1. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I know what that's like (with the FIL & dog) when my father didn't want to do something he "accidentally" trashed it.

2. mlm Mike

mlm Mike Sunna and Mani Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 14, 2010
    Hardy Township, OH
    Oh how awful.I hope you can get replacements.

3. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    That is too funny!

Fantastic picture! And such a little cutie!

4. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    I think to be technically correct, that duckling should have a little poop in the water behind it - since I have never been around a duckling that was not full of poop.

5. mlm Mike

mlm Mike Sunna and Mani Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 14, 2010
    Hardy Township, OH
    So true!

6. lonnyandrinda

lonnyandrinda Overrun With Chickens

May 11, 2012
    Coweta, OK
    Hubby bought some hatching eggs just for fun at last months auction- that was the MOST FUN incubator to open after hatch day!

Partridge Cochins (LF):
    [​IMG]

White crested Black Polish (these things were fantastic, out of 18 eggs I think only 2 didn't hatch)
    [​IMG]

Bantam Lavender Ameraucana (I think I ended up with 3 lav and 2 black splits)
    [​IMG]

My son the chicken whisperer hold an EE pullet:
    [​IMG]

Not chicken related but OH SO ADORABLE- my daughter at her first ever dance recital last week!
    [​IMG]

7. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    We are just waiting for the sellers of our next home to get things done that needed repair on the inspection report.

I hoped to close on the 14th. Closing date is the 24th according to contract.

I know the same thing will happen to us when we go to sell our current home.

I hope the buyers want a chicken run! I don't want to have to take that out and put flowers there, but boy would they GROW.

I suppose they could used the coop for a storage shed. There are seven neat compartments to store things in that they can reach from the outside if needed! LOL

The finishing touches of the paint job on our current home is almost done.

I'm down to 18 hens and about 20 chicks. That's a miracle when you figure I had over 120 birds the 2nd week in MAY!!

I have some buyers coming on Saturday.

Kathy: I sold 8 of the Del chicks to a good breeder in Tucson, (Marcia) known here as DesertMarcy. I think she got 5 pullets and 3 cockerels. Boston will get the other 3 pullets and 3 cockerals on the 21st when he comes down to take apart my two 18 month old grow out pens to take back to Heber.

I still need to find homes for my Alohas and some FBCMS and Olive eggers.... and I still don't know which of those are roos or pullets.

I SO wish I could keep four hens at the new place but I know it just wouldn't work.... unless I found a way to incorporate it into the HUGE grapefruit tree in the back yard.

I do want to make a raised garden bed at the new place. I'm really going to miss the low cost irrigation water that we get here for our yard every two weeks.

Can't believe by Aug. I won't have chickens.

So I hope I can still drop by Stela's place and post pics of my new place and the mountains that it sits next to.

Chau

Dar

BTW: I should have taken a pic of the meal my wife just made me. Cheese stuffed Ravioli covered in spaghetti sause and Steamed and then Fried Zucchini. It was MARVELOUS!

8. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    INNOCENT MAN!
    A guy asked a girl in a university library:

"Do you mind if I sit beside you?"

The girl replied with a loud voice:

"NO! I DON'T WANT TO SPEND THE NIGHT WITH YOU!"

All the students in the library started staring at the guy; he was truly embarrassed and found another table.

After a couple of minutes, the girl walked quietly over to the guy's table and said:

"I study psychology, and I know what a man is thinking. I guess you felt embarrassed, right?"

The guy then responded with a loud voice:

"$500 FOR ONE NIGHT? THAT'S TOO MUCH!"

All the people in the library looked at the girl in shock.

The guy whispered:

"I study law, and I know how to get even"

9. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Mahonri! There must be a spot at the new place for a couple of bantam hens. [​IMG]

10. NotAFarm

NotAFarm Embracing the New! Premium Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Illinois
    Dar, You had better drop by Stella's.....and often...not having chickens is not a reason to abandon us....look at Diva........she doesn't have chickens and she's here! We will always want to see pics of the mountains and new place, but more importantly, we want to know how you are and what you are up to. You are the reason I got the courage to try hatching. You are the reason I own an incubator. You are one of the nicest people I've never met. I can't imagine not hearing from you. I hope you'll use the time that you spent cleaning coops, feeding, etc to keep in touch with us.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by