Stella's Social Club

Where the heck is everyone? Summer busy season, I guess.

Cyn posted this link in her Atlas thread, very well written, and true in my opinion.

http://appalachianmagazine.com/2016/07/05/americas-greatest-problem-weve-been-off-the-farm-too-long/

Great article.

I've had a busy summer, and also, still trying to decide what to do with my bees. I have an epipen now, but I think I'll get allergy tested and see how high my allergy is. If it is low, I can keep the bees, but be careful. If it's high, then I'll sell them, which I really hate to do. I'm also scared of having that reaction (or worse) again. I also plan to talk to my doctor, as soon as I get established with a new one. (mine retired)

I need to get into my hives tomorrow and check if the honey is ready to harvest and make sure they are queenright. Wish me luck, and no stings. I plan to be very, very careful. I wanted to do it last week, but it was so darn hot. This week is cooler, and my husband is on vacation, so he'll be here if I have a problem.

Last edited:
The hive checks went well. No stings, all 3 are queen right, and my honey is capped and ready to harvest. I'll be extracting this weekend. The super is packed wall to wall. Heavy as heck too.

Back
Top Bottom