richardbim

In the Brooder
Apr 4, 2020
I started incubation last Sunday and I started out with the recommended temperature (99.5) l’m using the 9200 Little Giant incubator, I had it at that temperature for around 2 days. Then I started searching up the ideal temperature for a still air incubator, I read that some ideal temperatures ranged from 100 F to 102 F. Since then I’ve had my incubator at 101 F- 102 F. Are these temperatures ideal ? I started candling and I’ve seen some progress, so I’m guessing what I’m doing is working. Just wanted to hear from more experienced hatchers.

This is my first time incubating so I am very nervous !

Last edited:
I have the same incubator, and have been using it for 3 year's now to do my hatches in. Yes, mine does seem to do better when I keep the temp between 100 and 101. Between hatches I think it help's to move your temp knob around a bit after you clean it out, or at least that's what I do with mine. Good luck with your hatch!

I have the same incubator, and have been using it for 3 year's now to do my hatches in. Yes, mine does seem to do better when I keep the temp between 100 and 101. Between hatches I think it help's to move your temp knob around a bit after you clean it out, or at least that's what I do with mine. Good luck with your hatch!
Ah thank you, I need some reassurance. What temperature do you maintain when in lock down? And on day 21 once they start hatching?

The temp will be the same throughout. Only the amount of humidity will change for the lock down. I keep mine between 35% and 40% humidity until lock down, then bump that up to 60% for lock down.
How has your hatch rate been add those %’s? I’m running around 43% and wondering if I should leave it or bring it closer to 50%. Thanks and sorry forEase dropping ha ha

Digging up this not so old thread to ask if the temperatures recommended are for a thermometer on the screen of the incubator? My thermometer is elevated
image.jpg
image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom