Stormcrow's Hobby Farm

Pics
Think I may go to the Renn Faire in Milton, FL today. Just got home from the feed store, got the sprinkler system fixed, making sausage gravy for breakfast. Why work on any of the far to numeorus projects I have yet to complete from last fall???

Heck, all my Renn Garb is packed, I will look like an absolute Newb, but hopefully they have smoked turkey legs...
Oh fun!!!! I went to my first one last summer.

Sounds like a blast! Please post pictures!

We keep talking about going to one. This one is big, and on for 7 weekends.
https://www.michrenfest.com/
One of the very best fairs in the nation. You should absolutely go if you get chance. Bring plenty of fives tens and twenties. Most of the ACT prefer cash. I am headed to a much smaller Fair. Gulf Coast Ren festival. Only runs 2 days, suffers from a bit of multiple personality disorder. Hasn't really settled on a theme or a Time frame. Mostly going to see a friend.

One of the very best fairs in the nation. You should absolutely go if you get chance. Bring plenty of fives tens and twenties. Most of the ACT prefer cash. I am headed to a much smaller Fair. Gulf Coast Ren festival. Only runs 2 days, suffers from a bit of multiple personality disorder. Hasn't really settled on a theme or a Time frame. Mostly going to see a friend.
Ours theme is basically anything in a fantasy/fantasyXsteampunk book. Maidens, fae, dragons, pirates, plague doctors, ect

The look of a newish fair. Almost no one in costume, all small tents by the vendors, no permanent structures. Looks like this one is just getting started. And here I'm not in costume either, not doing my part to help it grow.
17094070103473862487361681866167.jpg

One of the very best fairs in the nation. You should absolutely go if you get chance. Bring plenty of fives tens and twenties. Most of the ACT prefer cash.
It's about 120 miles, so certainly close enough. Neither of us have any costumes. Hubby does have a sword... 🤔

We always take cash. We're old and set in our ways. :gigPlastic makes it too easy to spend more than you intend, you don't remember, and then I freak out when I get the bill.

It's about 120 miles, so certainly close enough. Neither of us have any costumes. Hubby does have a sword... 🤔

We always take cash. We're old and set in our ways. :gigPlastic makes it too easy to spend more than you intend, you don't remember, and then I freak out when I get the bill.
Get a pair of brown pants and a white button up long sleeve shirt. Basically what I did. Also had a scrunchie that was out of a fabric that looks like an old page with writing since I'd had long hair at the time, and just pretended I was an educated noble woman

So, the guys I was hanging out with today are actually vendors at renfairs. They've been doing this for decades, including the Michigan fair. They tell me the Michigan fair is still good because the patrons make it so. And there are lots of long-term vendors keeping up appearances. Fair management, however, has not continued to invest in the fair so it is not what it's reputation used to be. Still huge, still good, still pull some decent Acts, but not one of the top fairs in the nation anymore. Sorry to be the bearer of those tidings.

Back
Top Bottom