Sumatra Thread!

I want some of your eggs then. Those are the layingest Sumatras I have heard of.
ep.gif
ep.gif
ep.gif
ep.gif
ep.gif
ep.gif
ep.gif
ep.gif

Last edited:
Chickens of any breed require 24+ hours to develope a single egg. It takes a long time to form in the reproductive tract(6 or more hours alone in one, of many sections of the tract).

Your Sumatras look good! I especially like the third to last bird, a blue cockerel with a blue band. As to wet pox, I only had two get it and both died, and so it didn't spread.

Ramirezfarming, recounts through me off. There are actually 430 birds... Oops :D

Ok use your scientific logics. But what I am saying is the truth and I am not going any further than this. It is not imposible for a chicken to lay two eggs. haven't you ever heard of a double yoke egg? My friend had a guinea fowl that layed three to two eggs each time. She found it dead one day with it guts hanging out. She took it to the vet and explained how many the guinea layed and the vet told her that was the reason for it to die like that.

Ok use your scientific logics. But what I am saying is the truth and I am not going any further than this. It is not imposible for a chicken to lay two eggs. haven't you ever heard of a double yoke egg? My friend had a guinea fowl that layed three to two eggs each time. She found it dead one day with it guts hanging out. She took it to the vet and explained how many the guinea layed and the vet told her that was the reason for it to die like that.
so since your line of birds lay too many eggs too does this mean
yours are prone to prolapse and will die young?.....maybe you have
some other hens jumping in to help out on the egg count.

Chickens of any breed require 24+ hours to develope a single egg. It takes a long time to form in the reproductive tract(6 or more hours alone in one, of many sections of the tract).

Your Sumatras look good! I especially like the third to last bird, a blue cockerel with a blue band. As to wet pox, I only had two get it and both died, and so it didn't spread.

Ramirezfarming, recounts through me off. There are actually 430 birds... Oops
big_smile.png
Did you already cull some out? Sorry about your lost birds. Are you still gonna show this year?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom