Super Member Appreciation

As y'all know, BYC is the BEST place to hang-out because of our hundreds-of-thousands of amazing members.

Everyone of you help make BYC what it is. Do you post some helpful replies to a question in our forum? Maybe you greet and welcome our new members? Perhaps you created a coop article? There are a TON of factors that go into what makes each member a contributor to our community.

It's impossible to quantify all the various ways a member can be helpful... but that doesn't stop this geek from trying ;)

:D

One of the benefits from paying all the bills to keep BYC running is that I have backend access to all the community data. I've been running really interesting queries on things like # of posts, likes, post-to-like ratios, all-time counts, recent counts, etc. etc. etc.

So.Much.Data.

... my head starts to spin!

:th

For fun, I decided to just do the most simple calculation:

A user's # of posts in the last 90 days + # of likes that user has received in the past 90 days.

NOTE: This does NOT capture the myriad of ways a post, comment, BYC activity, etc. is "better" than anything or anyone else. It just says "hey, this person is pretty active in our community and peeps are really liking what they are posting!"

Want to see the top 50 results? :D

@Nifty-Chicken It’s been over 90 days. I think you should do this again for comparison. :D

Yup. I'm 13 weeks now. Morning sickness is getting a bit better.
giphy.gif

As y'all know, BYC is the BEST place to hang-out because of our hundreds-of-thousands of amazing members.

Everyone of you help make BYC what it is. Do you post some helpful replies to a question in our forum? Maybe you greet and welcome our new members? Perhaps you created a coop article? There are a TON of factors that go into what makes each member a contributor to our community.

It's impossible to quantify all the various ways a member can be helpful... but that doesn't stop this geek from trying ;)

:D

One of the benefits from paying all the bills to keep BYC running is that I have backend access to all the community data. I've been running really interesting queries on things like # of posts, likes, post-to-like ratios, all-time counts, recent counts, etc. etc. etc.

So.Much.Data.

... my head starts to spin!

:th

For fun, I decided to just do the most simple calculation:

A user's # of posts in the last 90 days + # of likes that user has received in the past 90 days.

NOTE: This does NOT capture the myriad of ways a post, comment, BYC activity, etc. is "better" than anything or anyone else. It just says "hey, this person is pretty active in our community and peeps are really liking what they are posting!"

Want to see the top 50 results? :D

Is this data in the spoiler current?

Back
Top Bottom